Update Failed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-18-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auramis View Post
Just did that after a restart (there was a 1 million byte using League running somewhere, according to Task Manager, and it would close). It let me log in immediately after doing that. Thank you, Dannamoth.
Which step fixed it for you, winsock or copying the .dll?

ObliterationsEnd

10-20-2013

Just tried both of suggested solutions and couldn't get either to work, still receiving the same "Update Failed" message

Also keep getting an error message that my filetype is too large when I try to upload the logs, even in a compressed form. Anything I can try without my specific logs while I try to find a way around that?

Actually, I think I found where the problems started to occur in the logs so I'm uploading a cut-down version of it, hopefully it helps.

Apparently it just fixed itself along with some other network issues...no idea what happened or why, but I'll take it

Attached Files
File Type: txt Modified Logs 2013-10-18T14-36-20_launcher.txt (8.2 KB, 15 views)

ExtraGreasy

10-21-2013

Sorry, the day that I last posted something the "Play" button just literally randomly lit up and I started playing no questions asked. Completely forgot about this thread until now.

It's all working fine, just a bug I'd thought I'd report.

Auramis

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Which step fixed it for you, winsock or copying the .dll?
Copying the dll worked. However, I just had the same bug happen again while I was in another match. The same fix worked, but, by the time I reset my computer (again, it wouldn't close) and I replaced the file, the match was already over.

I don't support there's a better way to fix this? Would running repair sort out any bugs where this keeps popping up?

SoHighs

10-30-2013

Having this error while trying to update this morning, anyone find a fix yet, both of the above methods have failed me thus far :c

SoHighs

10-30-2013

not a genius with code or anything but this is what im seeing come up a lot in my logs... that my 0.0.0.184 is failing every time?

000001.374| 72340.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| OKAY| RADS::User::EnumerateInstalledProjectReleases: Found candidate "0.0.0.184" (0x000000b8).
000001.374| 72340.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| OKAY| RADS::User::EnumerateInstalledProjectReleases: Failed to find S_OK, candidate is not valid

Glyph of Change

10-30-2013

I'm also getting the error - the winsock reset + restart didn't fix it. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet because it's kind of daunting on my Internet connection, so I'm hoping this log tells you enough to have a better idea ^_^.

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-10-30T11-09-26_launcher.log (42.9 KB, 6 views)

Shpleeman

10-30-2013

I have the error too.

SoHighs

10-30-2013

uninstall and re install didn't work for me :/

ChimeitekinaHana

10-30-2013

I tried the winsock reset but it told me the request needed elevation...?