Update Failed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExtraGreasy

10-17-2013

"Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information"

I get this error whenever I open the launcher. It's a window that pops up and prevents me from playing.

http://imgur.com/IkMHIxL

If I hit either "Continue" or "Send Logs", nothing happens, other than the front window vanishing. I can't hit the play button, but I can change region.

If I try changing region, it begins a patch download and then pops this window again about halfway through the patch. I played earlier today about 9 hours ago on this computer, and it was working fine then.

So far I have:

1) Re-Installed League of Legends
2) Restarted my Computer
3) Ran as Administrator
4) Ran the Repair Tool
5) Changed Region
6) And signing on and off again
7) Uninstalled, Deleted Riot Games folder from my HDD, restarted computer, and then re-installed

Windows 7
Radeon 6950
i5
8g of ram

Game was running fine a few hours ago, and now this error pops up and I have tried literally everything I can do.

Going over to a friends place to see if it works over there and to see if my IP was banned or not. ExtraGreasy

JessePerrringFan

10-17-2013

I seem to have this problem too...

ExtraGreasy

10-18-2013

IP definitely not banned. Just played two games over at a friends place. Not quite sure what could be causing this issue, could I get some help please? This is getting really annoying :P

ExtraGreasy

10-18-2013

Can someone please help me out with this? I don't mean to bump my thread but it's quite annoying not being able to log on, when I've personally tried literally everything!

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-18-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraGreasy View Post
Can someone please help me out with this? I don't mean to bump my thread but it's quite annoying not being able to log on, when I've personally tried literally everything!
Can you attach your patcher logs to your post?

You can find them in:

Riot Games/League of Legends/Logs/Patcher Logs/.. (date+timestamp_launcher.log)

AlexKnight

10-18-2013

Make sure you allowed League through your firewall. I had this issue myself and I just deleted and recreated my firewall rules and my update worked.

Auramis

10-18-2013

I'm having a similar issue, and it popped up mid match in ranked too. Ended up losing the match (brother was in it and his computer didn't suffer the same effect as mine). When looking back int he logs, it said that I had failed to "send to socket." Something about something called Maestro. Does this count like a firewall issue, because I don't see anything that should stop sending information to Maestro.

I'm currently running repair, but I was hoping that, since it's the same issue, that someone could elaborate on what the maestro thing is. I've attached the logs below.

Attached Files
File Type: log maestro-server.log (499.9 KB, 20 views)

Auramis

10-18-2013

I added the Maestro logs in my above post. Here are my patcher logs as well.

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-10-18T18-29-43_launcher.log (32.9 KB, 20 views)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-18-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auramis View Post
I added the Maestro logs in my above post. Here are my patcher logs as well.
Can you copy the file located here:

"C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0.0.0. 190\deploy\RiotRadsIO.dll"

to here:

"C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/RiotRadsIO.dll"

The logs indicate that the patcher failed to copy that .dll file from one location to the other.

Edit:

Just realized you are not the OP.

Can you do this:

Reset ‘winsock’ through the Command Prompt:

Press the Windows Key + R
Type cmd
Press “Ok”
Type the following: netsh winsock reset
Hit Enter
Restart your computer
Re-launch League of Legends

Auramis

10-18-2013

Just did that after a restart (there was a 1 million byte using League running somewhere, according to Task Manager, and it would close). It let me log in immediately after doing that. Thank you, Dannamoth.