Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TTPuncher

10-18-2013

Nobody's going to want to play support lol. Good times in the queue.

Badger France

10-18-2013

Lyte, you are a gentleman and a scholar. The same applies to your team. Thank you.

mrmeman2

10-18-2013

The absolute best part about this is that you can choose what your team looks like. It's just good insight and it's the only reason this idea was so hated in the past. Good job, Riot!

mrmeman2

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTPuncher View Post
Nobody's going to want to play support lol. Good times in the queue.
It's gonna be like WOW. Pick healer for instaqueue.

Murilian

10-18-2013

I remember making a post asking for this a long time ago and everyone was like "BLAH IT'LL NEVER WORK!"

DracoMTA

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid Please View Post
So much this.
To those who say it enforces the meta, no, no it doesn't. It is going to be increasing cooperation by so much.
So when is it coming out? I can't wait!

Katsuo Nuruodo

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by djump View Post
I havn't seen the answer to this question. Can someone enlighten me?

It's a question about how it works for the solo player looking for a team.

Do you get to browser possible team position arrangements? or do you just say what champion and role you want then it's up to the match making gods to decide what sort of a team position set-up you get matched with?

If the later, then when a team leader sees and accepts you, do you then have the chance to also accept or decline their proposed position arrangement? How does all this work?

Thanks for any info you can give! =)
This was answered in the Riot posts in this thread.

Basically, it's the latter system you described. You pick a lane and a champion(maybe also a role), and the system finds a team that needs someone for that lane. The Team leader will then see your champion and proposed lane/role, and they can accept or reject you(this is invisible to the player). If he does accept you, you enter the team lobby. If you don't like the team, you can leave the team, and the Team Builder will look for another team that you could join. Note that you cannot change the champion you picked at any point during this process. If you want to change, you leave the queue, pick a new champion(plus lane, role) and enter the queue again.

Personally, I think that at least having the option of browsing teams would vastly improve the Team Builder system. It would make non-meta and themed team comps viable, reduce player frustration with being stuck with a champ, allow people to fill roles as needed, and reduce queue time. I wrote a post up about this, let me know what you think: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...6#post42295736

RG2000

10-18-2013

Doesn't solve the problems about leavers that leave a game when they scored 0/2. Make a system like Dota2 that you can also leave a game when a player left and it will be cool.

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

10-18-2013
94 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger France View Post
Lyte, you are a gentleman and a scholar. The same applies to your team. Thank you.
Thank you!

smithium

10-18-2013

lol I thought up a system JUST LIKE THIS a few weeks ago. the only issue I had was whether or not to lock some champions of certain lanes (ie. nami cant Q for Marksman)

....haha.......marksman.....