Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trollverlord

10-17-2013

So Taric is eventually getting a VU and I couldn't be happier for it. So I thought I'd make this thread so that not only could I post some of the ideas I'd like to see, but so that the rest of GD can input what would be cool to see in the eventual Taric VU.

Who knows, we might even get a red post or two in here.

Ironstylus stated that he might like to see Taric with a big two-handed weapon (if you know what I mean). If this were to go through, I'd like a little bit of an animation on his W that makes his gem armor bigger and spikier the more he levels it up. Much like how his current ring of crystals becomes larger as it is leveled up.

However, I feel that Taric's Hammer and shield are an iconic part of his character design. While I realize the shield takes up some visual real estate that could be used for other more awesome things. Unless the rework team decides to turn Taric in to a full blown bruiser-which would be awesome. His shield signifies him as not only a tank, but a protector of the weak (coughmarksmencough) that is there to support his teammates in their time of need. Having a giant hammer/mace on a low damage champion just wouldn't seem right.

Next is the hair. I have two words for you Parrot "Fabio Hair." Taric is outrageous and his glorious mane should reflect this. Give him those lush locks of Fabio from the 80's so that all those who lane with or against Taric shall swoon before him. A strong jaw wouldn't hurt either. Although going full bishonen style wouldn't hurt either.

Then we have the body. As Taric is the epitome of masculinity, I would hope his body reflects this. It would otherwise be a crime against fabulousity.

Finally, we come to Ironstylus's favorite part, the armor. Taric's armor is probably the most iconic thing about him. I trust the mighty Parrot is more than capable of designing a hulking suit of outrageously sparkling armor for our beloved Gem Knight.

I could go either way on the cape. While it is most certainly fabulous, capes are not exactly the greatest in defensive wear. They get caught in/on far to many things.

Update: A Wild Ironstylus has appeared!

Trollverlord

10-17-2013

Also, while we're at it. Could Taric maybe...just maybe, get something like this as a skin?

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Taric-...2012-333164596

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-17-2013
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Bring on your ideas. Now's the time!

Nasuuna

10-17-2013

less clothing, more muscles, and lore involving his relationship with ezreal plz ty

Brent Rambo II

10-17-2013

I played a Ret Paladin in WoW

Gimme dis

Name:  ArtbookDraeneiPaladin.jpg
Views: 4027
Size:  334.6 KB

Human tho, not space goat

And more gems, but not too many gems so it looks like actual, detailed armor. A good balance of gems for a healthy Taric

Spitsonkittens

10-17-2013

Reverse Taric. Hammer swings Taric's beautiful, masculine body at the enemy.

Asul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

more gems!

CrimsonCzar

10-17-2013

Shield needs to be smaller, but he needs to retain his fabulousness.

Better Ban Vi

10-17-2013

Armor of the Fifth Age Taric needs to keep the fuzzy boots, THEY MUST STAY.

Also, when he ults, he glows a fabulous pink.

Baron Bodacious

10-17-2013

Make him fabulous. I say keep his shield. But if you were dead set on a two-handed weapon you could sort of have it strapped to his arm while he holds the hammer.

But knowing who much rage there was over Garen's "changes" that might not go over so well with the ultra conservative group that is GD.

1234511 ... 26