[Guide] Nidalee - Physical damage powerhouse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HadMan

12-19-2009

I really like this build however I made a few tweaks. First I get a Meki's Pendant for harassing and staying power (spamming heal) and follow through to a Phil. Stone - IMO this is all the regen you need.

I then go:
Berserkers Greaves/Ninja's Tabi
Phage -> Frozen Mallet
Vampiric Scepter -> Bloodthirster
Sheen -> Trinity Force
Phantoms Dancer
Sell Philosophers Stone and pick up Infinity Edge.

Gaazu

12-19-2009

I disagree with the chalice. You really don't need mana regen due to the low mana cost of skills and cougar form which uses no mana. I go
1. Sapphire Crystal for the extra mana at the start.
2. Sheen ups damage with takedown to an insane amount.
3. Ninja Tabi the extra dodge allows you to negate alot of damage with your massive dodge %.
4. Tri-Force it has everything you need slow, attack speed, sheen effect.
5. Nashor's Tooth allows a lower cooldown on takedown and shifting between cougar/nidalee gives you massive amounts of utility. <This is a must>
6. Bloodthirster so you get lifesteal and extra damage for attacks.
7. Game should be over at Bloodthirster. If you are still playing go whatever you feel I like to go extra health at this point with Warmog's or something along those lines. Banshee's works well too. If you aren't killing people in about 3 seconds from engagement go more damage/attack speed.

P.S. Baron is soloable at level 18 with this build at Bloodthirster.

JxtC

12-20-2009

i always thought starting off with Saphire was a must seeing her mana shortage. But does sheen actually help you that much? i always went DPS with Wits end / frozen mallet / black cleaver. I never actually threw in a sheen in there. Would it actualy be that much more helpful? oh also i sometimes replace wits end with Sword of Divine

Canis

12-20-2009

Updated end notes a bit. Please vote for it on leaguecraft if you don't mind trying to get this looked at. Also looking for any other input possible.

@ people who are wondering about AP build - AP builds are nice but you are relying on damage so much and slow is inconsistent (can't just auto attack with spear and slow or any other ability)

Tooth is something I have looked at as with Triforce. Triforce is difficult sometimes as I can chase people down who cleanse and try to outrun me by just spearing them with an auto attack and don't have to roll a dice and HOPE for it to land a slow. Tooth is somewhat useful for the 25% CD reduction but with all the damage behind me I rarely have an issue and need the cooldown reduction.

Reapa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

very nice so far, but i dont agree when u say play defensively. I've played her for 2 days and i always harass with her, basically if she gets sheen as her 1st item....ByeBye mid person

Reapa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaazu View Post
I disagree with the chalice. You really don't need mana regen due to the low mana cost of skills and cougar form which uses no mana. I go
1. Sapphire Crystal for the extra mana at the start.
2. Sheen ups damage with takedown to an insane amount.
3. Ninja Tabi the extra dodge allows you to negate alot of damage with your massive dodge %.
4. Tri-Force it has everything you need slow, attack speed, sheen effect.
5. Nashor's Tooth allows a lower cooldown on takedown and shifting between cougar/nidalee gives you massive amounts of utility. <This is a must>
6. Bloodthirster so you get lifesteal and extra damage for attacks.
7. Game should be over at Bloodthirster. If you are still playing go whatever you feel I like to go extra health at this point with Warmog's or something along those lines. Banshee's works well too. If you aren't killing people in about 3 seconds from engagement go more damage/attack speed.

P.S. Baron is soloable at level 18 with this build at Bloodthirster.
i agree with 1 and 2
i take moment speed lvl 3...running as fast as yi baby
triforce is a must have i agree
nashor i agree
i prefer frozen mallet to bloodthirster, survivability and slow
i'd like to play ya sometime

Onuma

12-21-2009

OP:

I decided to try to play Nidalee a couple of days ago, not really knowing what to do with her. I think I ended up with Ninja Tabi, Trinity, and one or two other items that just seemed to fit her profile. Then I tried your guide, though with very minor modification (I don't use the Chalice, I just manage my mana very carefully).

I haven't lost a game since, except for 1 practice vs. my clanmates.

While I admit this build is not the only factor in those wins -- I am not a complete novice LOL (or DoTA) player -- it greatly impacted the team effort late in the game. Frozen Mallet was absolutely critical in survivability AND debuffing/damaging enemies on the run. A small amount of life steal was normally sufficient when combined with her Primal Rage skill.

My base progression was this:

1. Vamp Scepter
  2. Boots > upgrade ASAP
  3. Phage
  4. Frozen Mallet / Sheen
  5. Frozen Mallet / Sheen
  6. Lich / Malady
  7. Lich / Malady
By this point, the game is normally well over. Only once I have made it past here, and I was just messing with other items to use. I think a Last Whisper was in the cards, which did actually make quite a bit of difference at that point, but was not the best possible choice.

The Vamp is not critical in the beginning, but it does help maintain your health slightly. Augmented with Primal Rage, you can stay at generally max health. Extra points if you lane with a player who can heal (Taric, ftw).

Boots should be pretty self-explanitory. Normally I hit up Ninja Tabi, but if the other team has guys like Ryze, who debuff the **** out of me, I go for Mercury's Treads.

Phage, again is a gimme. It's your starting point for the awesome Frozen Mallet...which IMHO cannot be replaced.

Sheen is nice for extra mana & AP, but definitely helpful with lane control and the opportune enemy takedown/gank. Upgrading to Lich's earns you more mana and some magic resist, as well as movement speed. Can't go wrong.

Malady simply augments everything we're already building. Life leech gets stronger, attack speed increases even more, and now we've got a damage-stacking debuff.

Like I said, I'm no pro, but this build has given me excellent results. A normal game with this type of Nidalee runs me about 9/1/11 k/d/a or so. Sometimes better or worse, but never bad.

Thanks for the guide! It gave me a nice starting point from which I can build a monster DPSer

Vindictiv

12-21-2009

Most of her damage doesnt come from neither AP or AD but from the spammable sheen procs in cat. Her abilities doesnt scale well with AP for straith killing since they all AoEs. And what ever AP adds to it, a AD build will have stronger hits (she can easily auto attack for 250 in AD build)

I rush a trinity force. A Sheen effect is a must imo, phage is still awsome for early game HP and it adds a slow to help finish off. But more then anything, trinity force has no CD so those quick cat CDs will all proc.

Lately ive been having success with Glacial Shroud. Adds armor and lowers spammable CDs, for more noCD trinity procs. Note that in this case, the CDr is direct damage increase since its being spammed in cat. 1.80 sec pounce, 3.6 sec swipe (with glyphs and talents). Its about the same damage increase you can hope from either AP or AD, but it procs sheen everytime as added bonus.

Ill gladly leave mid to a carry but her heals makes harassing her almost useless and with traps i cut off the river sides, so harder to join mid from either sides and forces the player in a tighter lane.

Vindictiv

12-21-2009

my usual progression is meki - sheen - boots (or boots + sheen item) - phage - trinity - chalice - Glacial shroud - tabi or merc boots depending. At this point the game is usually over but i would see either 1 of BT, phantom dancer or Railey's.

Onuma

12-22-2009

Thanks for the tips, Vindictiv. I'll have to try out some variations. Even if they don't work for me, I can return to the build which is.

And CDR is fantastic in Cougar form!