Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MichaelMacabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

I see their reasoning for it... but they did create the champion with all of these things in mind knowing it would be hard to create skins for her. So people who love this champion specifically have to shell out more money just because of her design? Seems rather silly.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-16-2013
4 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
So basically you want to avoid any negativity at all because you're way too sensitive. Sorry, but this new Zyra skin shouldn't be 1350. None of the Harrowing skins should ever be that price. It's a special event, the skins should always be higher quality but at the normal price, kinda like a gift to your players. But with Riot's recent track record, not surprised they only care about profit now.
You make it sound like avoiding negativity is a bad thing. I'm not talking about justified critiscism, or actionable feedback, I'm talking about negativity. Posts like yours which refer to us as lazy, or somehow resting on a "pile of cash". It's not productive, straight up, sorry, simple answer there.

Also, anything taken out on me for pricing, it doesn't apply. Hell, I'm not even on the Skins team, I just am privy to the production process. I don't have to explain things, but I like to because I feel players are justified in knowing what goes into the process, and I think it's valuable to give insight.

You're accusing me, or us, of being sensitive, I mean.. you're proving my point there. I'm not sure how we as a team could assuage your fears, rebut that, or otherwise respond. In a different format, such as the community beta, your comment might not make it very high as other questions/comments that could actually help out, or clear things up. Sorry, no offense, but I want to give as much time to people who would like clarification, insight, and context the same amount of time, or more, than I'm giving you. Don't you think it's a little unfair to have so much mud slung, and have to spend energy on that, and have that sidetrack or otherwise dissuade myself or other team members from even engaging in a thread?

I don't think any of us who make content want to be mired in negativity, sorry. We want to be a helpful developers that add some value, not have to defend "sensitivity". All we can do with comments such as these is sit here as it falls in our laps, feel bad about ourselves, and then get discouraged from coming back.

I think the community beta is a great place to start over.

Zerocool3809

10-16-2013

but why is the skin that she was released gone up in price thats not right

The MechE

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You make it sound like avoiding negativity is a bad thing. I'm not talking about justified critiscism, or actionable feedback, I'm talking about negativity. Posts like yours which refer to us as lazy, or somehow resting on a "pile of cash". It's not productive, straight up, sorry, simple answer there.

Also, anything taken out on me for pricing, it doesn't apply. Hell, I'm not even on the Skins team, I just am privy to the production process. I don't have to explain things, but I like to because I feel players are justified in knowing what goes into the process, and I think it's valuable to give insight.

You're accusing me, or us, of being sensitive, I mean.. you're proving my point there. I'm not sure how we as a team could assuage your fears, rebut that, or otherwise respond. In a different format, such as the community beta, your comment might not make it very high as other questions/comments that could actually help out, or clear things up. Sorry, no offense, but I want to give as much time to people who would like clarification, insight, and context the same amount of time, or more, than I'm giving you. Don't you think it's a little unfair to have so much mud slung, and have to spend energy on that, and have that sidetrack or otherwise dissuade myself or other team members from even engaging in a thread?

I don't think any of us who make content want to be mired in negativity, sorry. We want to be a helpful developers that add some value, not have to defend "sensitivity". All we can do with comments such as these is sit here as it falls in our laps, feel bad about ourselves, and then get discouraged from coming back.

Uh oh, the parrot is responding to the negativity! It shall grow!

Spitsonkittens

10-16-2013

Quote:
snip
Massive respect for you, Ironstylus.

I just think people are upset because they love the game so much, and wish Riot were more open with what's going on. They're seeing less content released than ever before and they don't know why. It also seems Riot is going back on their word on a few things, and there's not as much communication on it as they'd like. Hope you don't leave us alone here on the forums!

Eyrgos

10-16-2013

Quote:
-snip-
Parrot please, for something positive please stop in & say hi at this thread that requested you, "@IronStylus, a Quinn Skin you're going to want to see"

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3952200

On-Topic: I agree with you 100% here.

The fans in that thread would really appreciate it <3

Henry Plainview

10-16-2013

Quote:
Well except that I ****ing hate the layout (and I am a good...ish poster).

ShroudedGlory

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
Economics is hardly black and white like you're making it out to be.
I disagree Economics are quite simple, Money is Evil and the key of our Demise as a species, Seems pretty easy to me BURN ALL THE MONEY!

Jamochawoke

10-16-2013

You know, as hard as it is to make new skins for zyra you can simply do some retextures.

Simple retexture (say a color change for her flower petals to blue or something, don't know if you guys use normals or bumpmapping or not, doesn't appear to be so) and go.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy you got a new skin you can put out for cheap and keep the people happy.

Not everything has to be so ZOMG AMAZING every time you make a new skin!

I, for one, would like a snazzy blue Zyra.

Hapsby

10-16-2013

well i got they wildfire skin for like 450 rp so whatevs