Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al3x4ndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Definitely 1 of the best updates. However I'd like to see few improvements. Either to queue up only for role+lane (this can be done for future draft mode) without selecting champion, or the ability to change champion to fit the team comp better. To avoid abuse, you can make it that player can request champion change and then team either captain can approve it or the rest of the teammates are voting.

In case you're worried people would get kicked often in blind mode if selecting only role+lane without champion because of their picks, you can make it that you pick few champions and when you queue up for the role team captain can see that list of potential champions (up to 5 for example) that you'd like to play.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2013

@Lyte

I love the idea of Team Builder but I think it's a mistake to not allow some sort of an option to change your champion once you've been accepted into a team. I play a lot of support and I like to pick my champion to complement my ADC. Do you have any thoughts as to how to incorporate something to allow players to change their champions in order to better form a cohesive strategy?

Simburgur

10-16-2013

Just thought I'd drop this here, a reddit post with a few suggestions for Team Builder.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-16-2013
83 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Lyte, it may be slightly more difficult for it to emerge as an option if the teambuilder doesn't include it.

Perhaps on account of people being unable to ever queue up for it.
Haha, well, I mean if it emerges from data on Normal or Ranked Games, or tournaments.

Lyte

10-16-2013
84 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djump View Post
So I gather from a few posts that there is no option to change/swap champion once on a team. Is this true?

I have a big complaint with this as you may often want to switch champions within the same role (say, still a fighter top, but choose a different one).

Could you allow leader approved champion changes?? Like it pops up similar to the normal queue champion swap request to the leader, just asking them to approve previous champ -> new champ. This way there is no abuse of switch from soraka->Renekton for lolz, but you still have the choice to make legit swaps at the leader's approval.

I feel this would be the most significant lacking feature. I often have a specific role and type of champ I want in mind, but I need to be able to switch champ slightly to compliment team.
If we wanted to allow Champion swapping, having the team leader or group vote for it isn't a bad idea; however, we didn't want to take on too many features too fast. We want to iterate on the core experience with player feedback, and build the system together with players.

Lyte

10-16-2013
85 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockton19 View Post
@Lyte

I love the idea of Team Builder but I think it's a mistake to not allow some sort of an option to change your champion once you've been accepted into a team. I play a lot of support and I like to pick my champion to complement my ADC. Do you have any thoughts as to how to incorporate something to allow players to change their champions in order to better form a cohesive strategy?
The Team Builder you see now, or the one on PBE, won't necessarily be the final version with all the features. We're working on the core experience, and fully intend to add features to Team Builder over time.

djump

Senior Recruiter

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If we wanted to allow Champion swapping, having the team leader or group vote for it isn't a bad idea; however, we didn't want to take on too many features too fast. We want to iterate on the core experience with player feedback, and build the system together with players.
Great, thanks so much for the information. Glad you have plans to continue considering improved features. I'm very much looking forward to playing with it!

I really hope you read this post because I want to thank you guys so much for not only your hard work on this cool feature, but for all your diligent feedback and discussion with us here. You all are champions of forum clarity and patience. It makes league a lot more fun when we can have interactive input/insight into the developing front of the game.

Bravo!

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-16-2013

Can i choose a markman role, and pick veigar for some troll ? people will dodge me or will I be kicked ?

M104Wolverine

10-16-2013

This would be nifty if you wanted to actually be able to play a new champion upon release.

Pushing Sharks

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Team Builder you see now, or the one on PBE, won't necessarily be the final version with all the features. We're working on the core experience, and fully intend to add features to Team Builder over time.
I misunderstood what you said there because I'm currently on the PBE an no Teambuilder is available D: