No mention of a map skin for harrowing

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grizzels

10-16-2013

I guess they wont be doing it again this year, and that most likely means no Christmas map either. Seriously, the seasonal skins look lame on the normal map. A zombie brand playing in a sunny battle field, yeah that rocks. And I guess we can play the harrowing skins in twisted treeline, but what about the snowdown showdown ones? I really hope they do relise map skins this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZiqF1VZMo

LawlStep

10-16-2013

A map skin for the Harrowing would take a lot of resources and time to animate/create and Riot is already releasing alot of content be happy with what were getting.

Kurome Yatsufasa

10-16-2013

Can't they just reuse one?

KatarinaCatKitty

10-16-2013

They have said there will be no harrowing or snowdown maps. The maps caused some people to lag and as such unable to play during this time (-_-). They are unable to reuse the older harrowing and snowdown maps because of the SR update (I call lies!). Well hopefully I can at least get candy corn health potions this year.

Grizzels

10-16-2013

They are realizing one new harrowing skin, and one general skin, and 5 icons. and they did it before when they had less money, why cant they do it now when they are booming?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-16-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

I've been mentioning that for a year. A recap on map skins!

1) Map skins are awesome things that we're pretty damn sure players would love!
2) Map skins are massively resource intensive because we've upped the quality of maps a lot (Hello, Howling Abyss!) Making maps of the launch quality of original SR is faster, sure.
3) The environment team is busy working on other things that are more important currently, which is awesome, but sad because we can't have map skins yet.
4) We can't reuse the old map skins because Summoner's Rift 1.1 was released a year+ ago, and those skins can't work on the new map.

Just Mid

10-16-2013

Things.. more important than map skins?

Name:  marshmello.jpg
Views: 4838
Size:  120.7 KB I don't know about that, Marshmellow.

Jk dude. I understand ;-;

KatarinaCatKitty

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

2) Map skins are massively resource intensive because we've upped the quality of maps a lot (Hello, Howling Abyss!) Making maps of the launch quality of original SR is faster, sure.
3) The environment team is busy working on other things that are more important currently, which is awesome, but sad because we can't have map skins yet.
4) We can't reuse the old map skins because Summoner's Rift 1.1 was released a year+ ago, and those skins can't work on the new map.
Will we at least get candy corn?

SlVIR

10-16-2013

morello

What are you going to do about the bronies (*the guy above me) slowly creeping in to these forums.

edit: shen'd the guy above the guy above me

aKa Bad BoY

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

2) Map skins are massively resource intensive because we've upped the quality of maps a lot (Hello, Howling Abyss!)
so you're saying there will be no themed map this year for harrowing and even Christmas?

and possible for "map skins" which we have to pay to play?

1234511 ... 12