Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
if such a role were to emerge as a popular option
Lyte, it may be slightly more difficult for it to emerge as an option if the teambuilder doesn't include it.

Perhaps on account of people being unable to ever queue up for it.

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

10-16-2013
78 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahff Bengarr View Post
When will the chatting with your teammates be available during the teambuilding process?

For example, does my entire team have to be present and agreed upon before I can talk to my team or can I say to the one other guy in my team at the moment, "Hey, you wanna accept this tanky Thresh top?"
As soon as someone is in the lobby, you can start chatting. Basically you can talk strategy from beginning to end.

TheFunderstorm

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
As soon as someone is in the lobby, you can start chatting. Basically you can talk strategy from beginning to end.

What happens if you don't do what you queued up as? Say you decided you wanted to go bot instead of mid. Is that now a reportable offense? If so, how can the tribunal catch this?

Zordrath

10-16-2013

Awesome! To be honest, I didn't think you'd go this far to fix Champion Select, but this sounds like just the solution everyone's been waiting for!

One question though: Will I be able to queue up as, say, Nautilus jungle, but specify that I'm willing to play with any team comp that has at least one jungler in it (double jungle, double mid, marksman top, whatever)? I'm fairly laidback about these things and would like to be surprised with unorthodox ideas from time to time Or do I have to say not only what I want to play, but also specifically what constellation I'd like to play with?

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by djump View Post
I'm sorry I havn't had time to check ALL the posts for this question, but I havn't seen it addressed so far:

As a solo player, is it possible to chose a role/position and desired team strategy but NOT choose a champion until you see the rest of the team? This strikes me as one of the main things I would want to do. Say I want to play support for a mid duo lane support/marksman with a jungler and top/bot solo lanes, but don't want to choose my support champ until I see what champions are in the other roles, is this possible? Or say I want to play jungle tank, but I don't want to choose which jungle tank champ til I can see how much other CC is on the team. This seems like really vital choices to be able to make.

Is there a way to defer champ select until the rest of the team comp is set, or perhaps to allow champion changes approved by the team leader after the solo player was initially accepted to the team? I would very much like to see such an option if it doesn't exist.
bump. has this question been answered?

Daryslash

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
What happens if you don't do what you queued up as? Say you decided you wanted to go bot instead of mid. Is that now a reportable offense? If so, how can the tribunal catch this?
Refusing to cooperate with your team has ALWAYS been a bannable offense...

KittyPrawn

10-16-2013

Let me just say that I am very excited about this feature. For the most part, I had stopped playing SR. This is making me consider jumping back into that pool. If I want to repeatedly practice the same champion and role, it will be a lot less stressful than having to type fast enough for the position and grab a champion before someone else. It's definitely a great thing for people who are still learning and perfecting.

I do have a kind of odd question though, and it may be too early for anyone to answer. As someone who participates in the Tribunal and on the Tribunal Ban Inquiry forums, there are often times that we see arguments that people were banned for not playing a position in the meta. Or we see games where people are squabbling over a position. I think this system will weed a lot of that out, but it won't protect all games from people who just want to troll. In terms of Tribunal, will more information be provided in the case of matchmaking games, such as what champions were selected for what role/position at the start? This would help people make a more informed decision on who might be the real guilty party in those instances.

BigDaddyPenguin

10-16-2013

Love it!

gangsterbrowncow

10-16-2013

For anyone who plays Dota 2 check out this blog comparing it to League of Legends:
http://leagueoflegendsvsdota2.blogspot.ca/
It compares the two games and really helps people who are trying to switch from one to the other

Raptamei

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
By strategy you mean "KICK ALL MID EXCEPT KASS/AHRI" -> "OMG ARE YOU RETARDED THATS A ZIGGS GGGGGGGGGG"