Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Skill level is still taken into account. And it actually helps adjust in some other ways (based on what the system knows about your experience with roles/champs).
This kinda worries me. When i went on a 40/45 spree in ranked i was facing diamond in norms for allmost a week. So if i'm a powerhouse in my lane will i eventually get vs diamonds for a while until my win ratio goes down enough?

Rep the Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Alright I would just like to start off by saying I have read every red post, and every quote they had inside their post inside this thread and I am a strong supporter of this idea. Love it Riot, great work.

I have one question however, and two suggestions to help this be even better.

I'll start with the question. Do you select your runes and masteries once you're matched with your team, or before? I think it would be MUCH better to select them after you've had the opportunity to speak with your team mates and know how your lane or jungle is going to go and what you need to bring to the table in that field.

Now, onto my suggestions. I'll start with the ban suggestion. I think it would be very nice for the team captain to be able to select 3 champions and stick them in their ban pool for the queue. Just like normal draft, this will prevent that team from running into those champions. This also means that if both team captains pick the same bans, there will only be three bans on the table for that game instead of the standard 6 that you see in draft or ranked. (This number of ban picks for the captain should remain the same number as the number of bans in draft or ranked. I know there are no plans to increase the number of bans right now but that may change in the future.)

My other suggestion is that when queuing up for this, you pick your role, your position, and then 3 champions you can choose from once with your team. This will allow players like myself to pick say Sejuani, Nautilus, and Amumu for my options to switch between to help strengthen the team comp once I'm with my team and we discuss a little. To add to this, the team captain could potentially have the option to accept a player, but when doing so mark one of their champions as someone they don't want to be played giving that player 2 options to mesh with the team, instead of 3. I feel this would promote team strategy before finding an opposing team and help with queue times if they have a small pool they picked before going into queue.

If one of you lovely rioters could acknowledge this post, even if you don't agree with it, I'd greatly appreciate it. I very much look forward to reading your views regarding these three points and I am very much looking forward to seeing this game mode.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Davin's research showed that a fairly good margin of players want to be supports. If that doesn't turn out to be true, then I'm confident there's things my team can do to help make support a better experience.
So your telling me we need to make a thread to help start a strike for no supports.... then you'll make them more fun

bryjow123

10-16-2013

This idea looks great, however I very rarely if ever have negative experiences in blind pick champion selection.

If we REALLY want to address the issue of a negative champion select in LoL, then it would have to be redesigned for ranked solo/duo queue.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep the Poro View Post
I'll start with the question. Do you select your runes and masteries once you're matched with your team, or before? I think it would be MUCH better to select them after you've had the opportunity to speak with your team mates and know how your lane or jungle is going to go and what you need to bring to the table in that field.
look in pics there tabs under your champ to change both after joining.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryjow123 View Post
This idea looks great, however I very rarely if ever have negative experiences in blind pick champion selection.

If we REALLY want to address the issue of a negative champion select in LoL, then it would have to be redesigned for ranked solo/duo queue.
your telling me you never had this happen
motherf****r i called top you worthless pos
NO I DID F****r
STFU YOU DOWNS ****** I CALLED IT
*all 3 autolock*
if not your a lucky man

Rep the Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem0n123 View Post
look in pics there tabs under your champ to change both after joining.
That only shows the Player 1 perspective which I believe is the host of the lobby. There isn't a picture showing the perspective from say player 2 or player 3 which is where my question applies.

Pryotra

10-16-2013

As someone who would like a chance at playing Hiemerdinger, I would expect with the current Donger for queue times to hit the 2 hr mark on a regular basis.

Fact of the matter is, champs with poor treatment from riot get poor treat ment ingame. Go figure. On the few times I have managed to grab heimer mid, It has been a pretty consistant experience:

1. Have team trash talk me out of the gate
2. do well in lane, team keeps talking trash
3. get ganked repeatedly with increasing amounts of players till I die or lose tower
4. still no help from team, moment I die/lose tower, my whole team jumps into attack heimer player mode
5. get no help all game
6. end up backdooring because team refuses to play with me, and makes plays that intentionally screw me as heimer(pretend to go in, then as the enemy team comes close do everything in their power to offer me up. I'm talking trundle pillars, anivia walls, Blitz pull then walks, I've even had a Janna flash behind their team to ult them into me.)

End of the day is that any champs that Riot forgets get screwed hard. I don't see this system as a good thing, because this is pretty standard treatment. Anyone who wants to play their fav champ will get screwed if that champ is not popular, or is popular as a troll pick.

Dragan Czechic

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzgarthX View Post
Another problem here is what if you have a team with 4 of your friends and you want to break the meta with 5 mages or duo adc bot or something but that won't be possible once again because your champ pool is limited to what role you pick and you can't have 2 adcs since there has to be a adc and a support. I guess its easier to go into regular que instead of team builder for a premade of 5 ppl but what if its duo que bot double adcs. There lies the problem, Riot. Please I hope you read this
It is clearly stated that YOU state what role you will take. You pick Annie and state that you are going to play jungle mage. The game doesn't tell you how Annie is played, you tell the game how you are going to play Annie.

Jacob Grimm

10-16-2013

Thank you. When over 2/3rds of your ranked games devolve into arguing over positions and end with people playing non-vialbe champions, the game is broken. And this, this I think will go along way to fixing it. Even if it enforces the meta (which I like) are games will be more consistently fun.