Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Not at the start, but if it ends up being a common desire after the system launches, it'd be something we could add.
especially if this replaces norms you need to add a yolo button that lets you que up willing to do any champ any role.

Kensoda

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll release more information as we go to PBE, but basically as a team leader, you get to setup your own team composition.

For example, as a team leader, I was able to setup the following today:

Fighter - Top
Support - Top
Marksman - Mid
Mage - Bot
Mage - Bot

Once I've determined my team composition, I lock in, and the system begins finding players for me that are interested in playing one of those specs on my team.
So when i want to play toplane trundle, as a fighter, all teams that run the current meta will think im a troll for picking a weak champion and reject me, and when i get in a lobby i get a game which is set up like yours, where i wont be solo top and basically have to leave and get stuck in queue again?

deathmage390

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
I believe support should be change to utility.
From my point of view, a "Utility" covers both the support in duo+ lanes, and roaming in solo lanes (TF can go Raba's->Zhonya for mage, or Twin Ghost -> Lich Bane for "Utility", just like how top gragas can go Teleport+Triforce for "Utility", or Rabadon + Void Staff for Mage, or Spirit Visage + Rylai for Tank).
why not both?

MelloRed

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem0n123 View Post
but this may replace soloque depending on what happens. I am willing to play any champion in this game outside of ranked and some day im in a good mood and could care less, or i just cant decide with the 100+ champs.
If they replace solo queue, then i'm sure they will add a any/any/any option to cover it.

But they want to see how it runs before making any changes.

Tigsen

10-16-2013

I look forward to some variation of this being applied to draft ranked play... at least where you define the role and lane you want and leave the actual champion selection step to the ban/draft phase.

CrankShaftedAgai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

I'm sure this is not an original question at all, but is there an answer to When we'll see it on the PBE?

Is it soon, or soon(tm)?

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-16-2013

I'm sorry I havn't had time to check ALL the posts for this question, but I havn't seen it addressed so far:

As a solo player, is it possible to chose a role/position and desired team strategy but NOT choose a champion until you see the rest of the team? This strikes me as one of the main things I would want to do. Say I want to play support for a mid duo lane support/marksman with a jungler and top/bot solo lanes, but don't want to choose my support champ until I see what champions are in the other roles, is this possible? Or say I want to play jungle tank, but I don't want to choose which jungle tank champ til I can see how much other CC is on the team. This seems like really vital choices to be able to make.

Is there a way to defer champ select until the rest of the team comp is set, or perhaps to allow champion changes approved by the team leader after the solo player was initially accepted to the team? I would very much like to see such an option if it doesn't exist.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For now, there's no option for players to switch their Champions once they are in the team building process. We're aware of the value of adding this, but there's also some concerns like how you would handle players who use a desired spec to get fast queues, then switch their specs in the lobby and end up being kicked--it's not an ideal experience for anyone in that situation.
This new que is about teamwork so have a button that puts up a vote to unlock player Xs champion selection. Because if we all agree that we need more ad and we all nice people that's why we weren't kicked out of que ill be like hey bros i got your back ill switch. I push vote for unlock and everyone votes yes or no to unlock my champ select for one switch.

deathmage390

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeez View Post
I understand what you are getting at with using champs unconventionally in other roles but what makes this so much better you find a team that can build around your picks and have a mutual agreement before going into a game. You're not being forced into meta but everyone's goal is to WIN. You win by playing OPTIMALLY. Those unconventional picks can work when given a chance to discuss what is viable with who picks what to perfectly synergize with one another. If you're one of those guys that instalocks soraka top all day then keep playing blind pick because this team building mode is not for you.
that is asuming the leader give you the ok to join his comp in the first place i think his point is seeing the soraka top would off put the majority of leaders thinking troll and not let him join to even try to explain his pick.

dem0n123

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Skill level is still taken into account. And it actually helps adjust in some other ways (based on what the system knows about your experience with roles/champs).
This kinda worries me. When i went on a 40/45 spree in ranked i was facing diamond in norms for allmost a week. So if i'm a powerhouse in my lane will i eventually get vs diamonds for a while until my win ratio goes down enough?