@RIOT: Allow Ziggs to cast abilities while being knocked by Satchel Charge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McTokie

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The issue with Khazix was how it compressed his damage into a really small window.
Isn't that what bust damage is about, lots of it, small window?

So you take the burst away from the burst assassin? I mean I loved that mechanic on him just as this one on Ziggs, I do not even play Kha'zix anymore because I feel he is broken.

Spitsonkittens

10-15-2013

So... is there any progress on fixing Vlad's ult bug, then?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTokie View Post
Isn't that what bust damage is about, lots of it, small window?

So you take the burst away from the burst assassin? I mean I loved that mechanic on him just as this one on Ziggs, I do not even play Kha'zix anymore because I feel he is broken.
Yup, burst is damage concentrated into a small window. That's not to say the smallest possible window is always appropriate though. Being able to unload your full combo over 1s for example is still pretty bursty, but offers substantially more opportunity for play by the target than a 0.5s window (numbers hypothetical, not familiar with Khazix's exact timings pre/post W change).

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocoboko View Post
sometimes q doesn't launch until you land, that's pretty annoying
Doesn't start casting until you land or doesn't launch until you land? Even when cast in the air the Q still has a cast time, so, particularly if you start the Q cast after the halfway point of the W knockup (approximately) it'll launch around the time you land.

HigeR

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Doesn't start casting until you land or doesn't launch until you land? Even when cast in the air the Q still has a cast time, so, particularly if you start the Q cast after the halfway point of the W knockup (approximately) it'll launch around the time you land.
I think this is the real reason for Ziggs to be able to cast while airbone, his skills have casting times, plus his airbone time is not nearly as much as Kha zix' whose jump seems to be a lot slower... not to mention refreshing on kills... If Ziggs expends his satchel for some fancy shooting he's out of options for running away... also, I don't think you can compare Kha's burst with Ziggs, who depends on several skills for a proper burst, while kha has mechanics like isolated targets and what not.