@RIOT: Allow Ziggs to cast abilities while being knocked by Satchel Charge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirplayalot11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Just checked and this still works for me, it's not something we've intentionally tried to remove either.

If you're seeing certain situations where you can't cast mid air (and aren't CC'd by something else at the same time) let us know, will give that a look.
yeah, same here, just a month ago i did a cast animation in air, got a pentakill with him(aram)because of that, so if they ninja nerfed it, had to be within the last 2 patches.

aces2kj

Recruiter

10-15-2013

Quote:
Just checked and this still works for me, it's not something we've intentionally tried to remove either.

If you're seeing certain situations where you can't cast mid air (and aren't CC'd by something else at the same time) let us know, will give that a look.
This was removed for khazix but its ok for ziggs to do it?

orghak 11

10-15-2013

Quote:

They said something similar about Vlad's ult bug. Then they made up a reason saying that it was intentional. Now they consider it a bug again.

I don't want to know if you're lying to us because that's a given. I want to know when we're going to get a real answer.

Paused Game

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces2kj View Post
Yeah Kha Zix's combo just doesn't feel fluid or assassin-like anymore.

advancedAI

10-15-2013

Did they change something?

As far as I know... He CAN do that!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces2kj View Post
The issue with Khazix was how it compressed his damage into a really small window. In Ziggs' case that problem doesn't apply - 99%+ of the time using Satchel Charge to land directly on an enemy to burst point blank isn't even remotely a good play, particularly since it involves sacrificing a damaging spell. Ziggs' casts while airborne instead tend to be getting in a parting shot while disengaging or trying for a kill shot while chasing neither of which has, so far at least, proven to be problematic, especially given Ziggs' damage output has a fair degree of unreliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orghak 11 View Post
They said something similar about Vlad's ult bug. Then they made up a reason saying that it was intentional. Now they consider it a bug again.

I don't want to know if you're lying to us because that's a given. I want to know when we're going to get a real answer.
We had some internal confusion about the cast lock on Vlad's ult which resulted in different attitudes to it being a bug or not being discussed on the forums. Apologies for that, agree that sort of inconsistency's frustrating to deal with and it's something we want to minimize, it's one of the occasional costs of discussing that sort of issue publicly though, which we overall feel's a net positive.

Regarding Ziggs' casts while airborne not sure what else I can say. The original design intent was that he could, it's been that way since launch (and still is) and we've currently got no plans to change that

MsterChiefBatman

10-15-2013

U took away the bug part of khazix :'( i cried for a week it was my most favorite thing ever

MsterChiefBatman

10-15-2013

even if u nerfed the damage in midair...it was just the coolest thing ever. especially with the mecha skin

VerySuperHero

10-15-2013

kha can do it, with his leap and mid air q and w

KuroShadow

10-15-2013

Quote:

sometimes q doesn't launch until you land, that's pretty annoying