RiotTantram Best Urgot NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot NeuroCat

Associate Business Analyst

10-15-2013
6 of 11 Riot Posts

I played jungle against Tantram's Urgot once. He kept our botlane constantly at too low health for me to gank successfully D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

10-15-2013
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade of Justic View Post
What do you build as far as Items, Runes and masteries goes?
I listed my items previously.

I run 22/1/7 for masteries, taking summoner heal. I really like summoner heal over barrier on Urgot because he can really get in the middle of fights with his tankiness. This brings a lot more utility for team fights. It also makes him difficult to tower dive. It's my page titled 'Red Lobster' http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23236904#masteries

For runes I run flat damage quints, flat damage marks (though sometimes I'll run arpen depending on the lane matchup), flat amor seals, and mana regen glyphs. It's the page titled 'Red Lobster' http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23236904#runes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Softon

Junior Member

10-15-2013

Do you stream or have any recorded games of you playing Urgot? I really like him but after the lane phase I'm not sure as to what I'm supposed to do during teamfights, objectives, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

10-15-2013
8 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softon View Post
Do you stream or have any recorded games of you playing Urgot? I really like him but after the lane phase I'm not sure as to what I'm supposed to do during teamfights, objectives, etc.
I do stream, but don't have any recorded games. I'll most likely be streaming Thursday night.

http://www.twitch.tv/tantram/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stampire

Senior Member

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade of Justic View Post
What do you build as far as Items, Runes and masteries goes?
I go 21/9/0 masteries with the points in butcher over havoc. I run lifesteal quints and ad marks with armor seals and scaling mr glyphs. I start doran's blade (with the lifesteal quints and also being able to kite the monsters you don't really need the pots, although machete works too because SotEL is pretty good on him but not so much after it's been nerfed to hell) for the extra kill pressure on early ganks. Max Q then W for the slow. Ganks are really strong and after you get a kill you can push turrets quickly. I like to build BC and Muramana then tankiness after that (he really needs tear or he has terrible mana sustain in the jungle, assuming you have a blue dependent mid. If your mid doesn't need blue you can usually get away with building a BT instead of Muramana).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

barles charkley

Junior Member

10-15-2013

So how about any buffs for urgot? I love the champ myself and i think the only real change he needs is his q to apply on hit effects when his e is on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purgatory Ace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocre Top View Post
>Lowly Gold Player

>One of WildTurtle's smurfs and countless amounts of famous posters/Rioters are in your League.

I think you are in one of the BEST non-diamond/challenger Gold Leagues there can possibly be. Don't go saying you're "lowly gold player" when you have a League STACKED with popular everything.
You do realize that you do not play people in your own league, you play people based on their hidden MMR. The likely chances of you playing someone in your current league are slim to none. (Unless you have done probably around 1k ranked games already, in which case your mmr might be similar to someone else who did 1k ranked games in your league).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

10-15-2013
9 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelguttey View Post
So how about any buffs for urgot? I love the champ myself and i think the only real change he needs is his q to apply on hit effects when his e is on them.
I'm no expert at class balance, I'm just a platform engineer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt (or a whole shaker of salt). I play quite a bit or Urgot, in fact I have an account that I only play Urgot on, and I don't ever feel like I'm at a disadvantage. He is however a very situational pick. He thrives in certain compositions, but can be difficult to play in others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zachrin

Senior Member

10-15-2013

What do you think of spirit of the elder lizard on Urgot? I was wondering if the extra burn from his E+Q spam would be good, though I'm not sure how it would fit into a normal build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seminole Sun

Senior Member

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
I listed my items previously.

I run 22/1/7 for masteries, taking summoner heal. I really like summoner heal over barrier on Urgot because he can really get in the middle of fights with his tankiness. This brings a lot more utility for team fights. It also makes him difficult to tower dive. It's my page titled 'Red Lobster' http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23236904#masteries

For runes I run flat damage quints, flat damage marks (though sometimes I'll run arpen depending on the lane matchup), flat amor seals, and mana regen glyphs. It's the page titled 'Red Lobster' http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23236904#runes
How much variety do you have in rune pages? Because that one feels like you'd really have trouble against certain AP champs (Lissandra comes to mind).