From a D1 3 Year Tryndamere Vet - Thoughts on The PBE Nerf @ Riot/Balance Team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineRevenge View Post
Glad they took my advice (if thats what promoted the change) , i'd still like to hear more on their opinion behind the change, however. In addition to this, jungle Tryndamere is still suffering from the proposed change as well.
I don't think Jungle Tryn suffers quite as badly as you say. Lane Tryn will generally have at least some short pauses between minion hits in order to secure last hits, wheras Jungle Tryn is going to be in a constant state of right click. Additionally, the need to take his Spinning Slash off cooldown is far greater in lane compared to his Jungle (can be ganked at any moment vs. farming your own jungle) so the impact of a longer E cooldown means more in comparison.

MarineRevenge

10-15-2013

up

HersheyPup

10-15-2013

would love to see a detailed riot response to this. have a bump.

Schtiffles

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChun View Post
Tryndamere's split pushing power and the satisfaction surrounding his gameplay are still something we are tuning
"Kha' Jicks".

._.

Suicae

10-15-2013

From a 3 month tryndamere bronze vet, my thoughts on his post is that it is 100% true.

WC3betterthanSC

10-15-2013

Jungle Tryndamere
Name:  failfish.png
Views: 1622
Size:  1.7 KBName:  failfish.png
Size:  1.7 KBName:  failfish.png
Size:  1.7 KB

bodhi

10-15-2013

yes

kirby145x

10-15-2013

Further solidifying the "Only these 3 champions can top" meta.

aces2kj

10-15-2013

He should be nerfed a little bit more i dont think this is enough he is very annoying to deal with hes one of thos champs that needs hard CC to be stopped, during teamfights dont focus him because if you do the carry will just roll over you if ignore him hell roll over you I personally think it has more to do with crits seeing as how he gets an unfair advantage from that but thats just me.

RiotChun

Live Balance Designer

10-15-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Sorry for not making myself clear in my previous post, I’m unaware of when we push to PBE and thought you could see the most recent changes. For context, Spinning Slash’s CD should be reduced by 1 second upon critting Monsters/Minions.

In my opinion, Jungle Tryndamere also benefits greatly from split-pushing as well – Tryndamere in general is a champion that is far better as a split-pushing duelist than as someone who participates in teamfights, so past a certain point in the game (mid-late, when grouping becomes more common) even Jungling Tryndameres will default to it as their primary contribution to a team. My point is that while Jungle Tryndamere is certainly to be affected by this set of changes (as both Jungle/Laning Trynd share this trait), we actually feel that he’ll won’t be as hindered in the early stages of the game but rather later on when they begin to do very similar things.

I’m interested in hearing more on how this affects your satisfaction as a Tryndamere player (regardless of playstyle), but we have to be clear in our goals to nerf Tryndamere’s raw ability to overpower through splitpushing.