Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linna Excel

10-15-2013

Lyte, could, using the 6 postions and a possible 10 slots (two slots per lane) could queue up with custom team builds.

Example, I want to run a dual assassin bot lane so I pick an assassin, put a second assassin slot in bot and then fill out the rest as I see fit (mid ADC, tanky jungle, bruiser top) and allow players to join up on those assignments.

Ncik666

10-15-2013

So is there a way to browse the games that are already up?

Say I want to play double jungle, but want to see if there are other teams doing double jungle forming up. Instead of potentially having 6 games listed with one person waiting to double jungle, you can join one already formed. Is there a way to check, like the custom games menu?

Eshiel

10-15-2013

I understand there may be legitimate objections to this move but could everyone please make sure to read the RED POST THAT STARTS THE THREAD first? So we have access to the same basic facts like "this is a separate queue type from either draft or blind pick" and "this will not be a ranked mode until it is widely played and playtested."

Personally, I'm incredibly excited for the chance to try out the new queue mode. Maybe it'll work out or maybe it'll disappear in a week, but I can finally not worry about rushing to champ select screen and shouting at people for ninety seconds when queuing for normals.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2013
22 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I'm a bit confused how this works. Does that mean there are two separate queues in team builder? One for a team leader and the other for people queue'ing up as a specific role?
Yes, there are two flows in Team Builder. You can opt to be a leader of a group and define strategies for your team--this is usually the recommended path if you have a few premade friends and want to find a few strangers to fill out your team according to your desired composition.

You can also opt to be a solo player, choose a champion, role and position and ask the system to look for teams who are looking for your spec.

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
23 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Actually, I'm starting to change my mind and appreciate the kick feature.

Yes, I'm pretty sure picking Morgana jungle will get me booted a lot...
But do I really want to play with people who want to boot me? How enjoyable was that match going to be anyway?

I'd rather wait for the one team to come along that doesn't consider me a troll than to get matched with 4 people who are mad at me right from the start.

Hell, their loss. I'll gladly face off against the team that booted me and kick their ass.
I think a lot of players share that perspective. Having a good match where people agreed on things and were sportsmanlike was much more important than turboqueue

danksz

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBJam View Post
So if a team leader requests a team of 5 junglers, and has 4 of his buddies all queue up looking for a team of 5 junglers, will this be an exploit to allow players to get a solo queue match with a premade team? because its highly unlikely any other players would look to join a team of 5 junglers. once his buddies are matched with him, they can go normal comp and stomp solo q with a 5 man premade.
am I mising something in how this works? my question is relevant to this new system and its impact on the game, why no response?

CorvusCardinalis

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzgarthX View Post
Another problem here is what if you have a team with 4 of your friends and you want to break the meta with 5 mages or duo adc bot or something but that won't be possible once again because your champ pool is limited to what role you pick and you can't have 2 adcs since there has to be a adc and a support. I guess its easier to go into regular que instead of team builder for a premade of 5 ppl but what if its duo que bot double adcs. There lies the problem, Riot. Please I hope you read this
If I understand the system correctly, you pick the champion and the lane separately. Using the word "role" is a bit of a misnomer with this system.

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
Lyte, could, using the 6 postions and a possible 10 slots (two slots per lane) could queue up with custom team builds.

Example, I want to run a dual assassin bot lane so I pick an assassin, put a second assassin slot in bot and then fill out the rest as I see fit (mid ADC, tanky jungle, bruiser top) and allow players to join up on those assignments.
Maybe you could, but then you're waiting around until someone happens to queue for ADC mid, AND someone else happens to queue for assassin bot. And obviously the other two roles as well. At the same time That could take...forever, and less meta you get, the longer it will take. I still say this system will only really be useful for meta-centric team comps. But w/e, you dont really do those with strangers anyway. So you'll basically get your friends together, enact a wacky plan, and wait for someone willing to go along with it, I guess...

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

10-15-2013
24 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koke Zero View Post
We love you, Riot.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBJam View Post
am I mising something in how this works? my question is relevant to this new system and its impact on the game, why no response?
What you're missing is the several times they have said this is not a ranked mode.