Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exquisitize

10-15-2013

The picture has "Player 1" and "Player 2" Will queues remain anonymous as such? Or is that just for testing purposes? In a normal queue will very little staked on it, summoner names would help determine skill level or if you would enjoy playing with the player at all. On the flip side, in a ranked queue such information would quickly turn a losing streak into banishment from ranked at all.

If there is too much power in a ranked solo queue's hands then you will soon find lower "tiered" champions vanishing super quickly.

FH Jellybean

10-15-2013

Riot the new Blizzard? I'm seeing similarities and not in a good way

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2013
21 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberosity View Post
So is the other team going to have to have the same meta as you? or will we be going up against whatever they Q'd up for with their presets?
You'll be going up against whatever strategy the opposing team queued up with.

InspectorStrange

10-15-2013

Awesome really excited about this.

Do have a 1 question though, will this queue be draft mode or blind pick? AKA Will there be a banning phase? Is there a pick order? Or do people pick champs before they get into the lobby?

Thanks, this is wicked!

zergman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
You actually never end up in Champion Select. The team's screen replaces it--once you're all good, you just queue up and end up in a match.
Wow wait a sec.. if there is no champ select then what keeps everyone from getting the same champion?

LegoCS

10-15-2013

This is kind of amazing. I was hoping this type of thing would eventually come out of queuing...and in the exact system I had in mind, too!

I'm looking forward to this being implemented. Thank you very much for doing this.

Raptamei

10-15-2013

Actually, I'm starting to change my mind and appreciate the kick feature.

Yes, I'm pretty sure picking Morgana jungle will get me booted a lot...
But do I really want to play with people who want to boot me? How enjoyable was that match going to be anyway?

I'd rather wait for the one team to come along that doesn't consider me a troll than to get matched with 4 people who are mad at me right from the start.

Hell, their loss. I'll gladly face off against the team that booted me and kick their ass.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergman View Post
Wow wait a sec.. if there is no champ select then what keeps everyone from getting the same champion?
They queued as a specific champion.

AzgarthX

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzgarthX View Post
There's a problem with this que mode. What if someone wants to play a champ that the game considers a top laner but as a jungler. Lets say for example someone wants to play Jungle Annie but they cant because the game lists her as a mid laner and by what this thread says your champion pool is limited to what role you picked beforehand so Annie won't show up among Jungler roles.
Another problem here is what if you have a team with 4 of your friends and you want to break the meta with 5 mages or duo adc bot or something but that won't be possible once again because your champ pool is limited to what role you pick and you can't have 2 adcs since there has to be a adc and a support. I guess its easier to go into regular que instead of team builder for a premade of 5 ppl but what if its duo que bot double adcs. There lies the problem, Riot. Please I hope you read this

KTfreak4Jesus

10-15-2013

That fact that it says "Marksman" bugs me.