Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danksz

10-15-2013

So if a team leader requests a team of 5 junglers, and has 4 of his buddies all queue up looking for a team of 5 junglers, will this be an exploit to allow players to get a solo queue match with a premade team? because its highly unlikely any other players would look to join a team of 5 junglers. once his buddies are matched with him, they can go normal comp and stomp solo q with a 5 man premade.

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
15 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrinox View Post
Lyte, are players purposefully masked from Team Builder or is that just a demo?

I think it would be best to hide that info otherwise people will just keep Lolking players and kicking them off if they deem them unworthy.
Until you accept someone, you don't see their name. There's also some further safeguards against abusive team leaders

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
I guess you never played WoW? It would be a mode like Draft Pick you don't have to do it.
It's very possible that I might actually have to. I prefer to play normal draft and (because of my high MMR) I already wait 5-20 minutes for each queue. What do you think will happen when half of the people who play normal draft switch to this?

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

This sounds really cool

something we have been asking for awhile

mad props

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBJam View Post
So if a team leader requests a team of 5 junglers, and has 4 of his buddies all queue up looking for a team of 5 junglers, will this be an exploit to allow players to get a solo queue match with a premade team? because its highly unlikely any other players would look to join a team of 5 junglers. once his buddies are matched with him, they can go normal comp and stomp solo q with a 5 man premade.
I would hope this mode is not planned to be allowed in ranked.

Moar Noob Than U

10-15-2013

I personally love this and thank you all that was involved. It would be a shame if my favorite support couldn't be LeBlanc.

But I love the fact that BECAUSE you are going for a specific role someone isn't stuck with something undesirable and goes for Support Renekton as a troll. Granted not less likely to happen, but if you get the right people who play to have fun regardless of win or loss, this is a golden thing. I can't wait to try it out in PBE!

Grand Eleven

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulvar View Post
Yes, I said it, so what? If Voyboy played Zil top that's one thing, he is a PRO. Doing it in regular ranked when you have never played the champ AND are playing him in a role he isn't known to excel at is rude.
It's a separate queue. Not ranked. Breathe easy. It's much more of a threat to draft, and could practically day 1 replace blind.

DevlJoe

10-15-2013

So what about maps that aren't Summoner's Rift? Those exist too.

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
16 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttler View Post
@Lyte.

What if a player queues for a specific role with some champion, but when they get into champion select they end up picking a champion that is rather farfetched for the position.
You actually never end up in Champion Select. The team's screen replaces it--once you're all good, you just queue up and end up in a match.

Xexen

10-15-2013

Awesome feature. I honestly have those times where I'm debating logging into LoL to play, and I think to myself "I'd really like to play _____ this game, but I don't really want to deal with EVERYONE else that wants to play it as well", and I end up not logging in because of it.

Queue times might rise a bit, but worry not, its just training for Challenger tier right?

I mean, EVERYONE in soloqueue is always talking about "I'd be in [insert higher tier here] if my team wasn't so bad", so just think of it as training for when you're number 1 in Challenger.

I do think this feature (especially if implemented in ranked) will really weed out those who deserve their ranks and those who don't. You'll be playing against an opponent that actually wants to be playing in that role against you, not the solo lane main that was last pick and had to fill support, or the ADC main that had to fill top (though this never happens, everyone thinks their top play is LCS material and will instapick that role).