@RIOT: Allow Ziggs to cast abilities while being knocked by Satchel Charge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Effram

10-14-2013

Self bump. This has been eating at me for a while and an explanation would be soooper nice.

coeriv

10-14-2013

I didn't even know they took it away.

Effram

10-14-2013

They tried to pull an Indiana Jones and ended up unleashing a rolling boulder of inquiry.

Dragons

10-14-2013

Bump for a good question. @Riot

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeriv View Post
I didn't even know they took it away.
Neither did I, I haven't played him outside of ARAM much this season becaue I was trying to get gold (yay got it!) again.

I love bouncing into the air to throw a bomb at some of my mines, did they really ninja nerf that??

Effram

10-14-2013

They did! I really want to keep this going and get some input from a red... Bumps appreciated.

Karkat Vantas

10-14-2013

I think it was indirectly removed when they removed Kha'zix E + W in mid-air. Probably coded around the same way or something. However, Caitlyn can still Q mid-E, and Corki can fire missiles mid-valkyrie.

Gorton Fisherman

10-14-2013

why the hell would you ninja nerf ziggs
he's already in a horrible spot
rofl

Effram

10-15-2013

Quote:
I think it was indirectly removed when they removed Kha'zix E + W in mid-air. Probably coded around the same way or something.
My theory was something along those lines, or because it essentially takes away the cast time on his abilities.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effrim View Post
Throwing down abilities while in mid-air was one of the most entertaining parts of playing Ziggs. It was a unique mechanic that was not only entertaining and fun to pull off, but useful for chasing and kiting, and really added to his personality.

Can this mechanic make a comeback so I can start having more "death from above" moments?

Corki can cast Missile Barrage when he flies through the air...
Just checked and this still works for me, it's not something we've intentionally tried to remove either.

If you're seeing certain situations where you can't cast mid air (and aren't CC'd by something else at the same time) let us know, will give that a look.