Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nS Nightshade

10-15-2013

About time... now lets make a system to let us vote for champion spell balance.

Durzaka

10-15-2013

Im slightly confused (and 26 pages is too much to look through), will this be for solo queue or only for people grouping (seen in the picture)?

Gløry

10-15-2013

Still waiting to hear from Riot on the finer points of this system. While non-meta comps are certainly possible, they are highly unlikely to be attained via natural queueing up, since no one knows what the team leaders are actually looking for without a lobby, and thus no one would know what nonmeta class/position to queue up as, therefore 99.99% of the time this is just a tool to queue up according to the standard meta, thereby enforcing it indirectly.

Riot, you made this one sound really good on paper, but the enormous red flag for me was the, "it might take a little longer." Convince me that isn't PR talk for, "you're never getting a queue, because the chances of being a team leader looking for AP jungle, Assassin/support bot, ADC mid, and fighter top at the same as all of those individuals queueing....just arent feasible.

Does the matchmaking system fudge the numbers and start slotting people into various teams just to see if they'll stay? How else could you hope to form a nonmeta comp using this tool?

Not that I expect anyone to really try--I'm just trying to avoid systems which artificially enforce the meta just in case it needs to organically change one day, like it has in the past. If Riot wants to officially endorse a meta I recommend they do that at their own risk. I mean it works for baseball, but...

Gajeeel

10-15-2013

pls do plsplspls

Cyraknoss

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
As a solo player in Team Builder, you have quite a lot of flexibility as well. Let's say you want to play Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. If you get placed into a group, this means that the leader of that group has already agreed they are interested in a Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. But, let's say you chat with the team in the lobby and don't like the setup the leader is trying to play--as a solo player you can simply ask the system to find a new group. It's as simple as that.
So when you're not the captain you only get to pick your role/lane? How does the system determine who gets to be captain then? How would this work for things like Ranked or draft where being captain is important? Unless I'm misinterpreting something here it sounds like the current iteration you have will cause a hell of a lot more dodging than normal, except now it'll be at no penalty.

Why not allow everyone to set their preferred look from all 5 lanes before queueing? At least that way the only dodges resulting would be from dislike of champion pick. As is if I wanted an tri-middle team and picked say ahri/mid I'm going to be dodging for quite a while before I find it, unless I'm captain in which case I'll just never have any players because most people picking mid champs are out for a standard game and not a weird cheese comp.

Capt BonerHard

10-15-2013

56 minutes que , .... ill rather have everyone cry for the same lane

Tunoko

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Still waiting to hear from Riot on the finer points of this system. While non-meta comps are certainly possible, they are highly unlikely to be attained via natural queueing up, since no one knows what the team leaders are actually looking for without a lobby, and thus no one would know what nonmeta class/position to queue up as, therefore 99.99% of the time this is just a tool to queue up according to the standard meta, thereby enforcing it indirectly.

Riot, you made this one sound really good on paper, but the enormous red flag for me was the, "it might take a little longer." Convince me that isn't PR talk for, "you're never getting a queue, because the chances of being a team leader looking for AP jungle, Assassin/support bot, ADC mid, and fighter top at the same as all of those individuals queueing....just arent feasible.

Does the matchmaking system fudge the numbers and start slotting people into various teams just to see if they'll stay? How else could you hope to form a nonmeta comp using this tool?

Not that I expect anyone to really try--I'm just trying to avoid systems which artificially enforce the meta just in case it needs to organically change one day, like it has in the past. If Riot wants to officially endorse a meta I recommend they do that at their own risk. I mean it works for baseball, but...
+1

Le FauxBourdon

10-15-2013

I really recommend the ability to queue for more than one role at a time or else the queue time might take forever. When I start a game, I'm most of the time willing to play 2 or 3 roles without being disappointed or something.

Saiyuki Ninza

10-15-2013

Awesome!!! I can't wait for this!

Granted there will still be the people who pick a position and troll saying they want another position, I think this will help out the community a lot!

Pisang panas

10-15-2013

THE BEST NEWS EVER!! OMG IM HAPPY!! :'D NO MORE "I TYPED FIRST SO I GO TO THAT SPECIFIC LANE" haha :'3 ILOVEYOU RIOT!!!!