Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simply Miku

10-15-2013

I like this.

BUT I'd like it to be seperate from other ques and not take them over completely.

fAkeality

10-15-2013

WTB Supports

Nehv

10-15-2013

Some super cool, super hip summoners you've probably never heard of have been down voting everyone who posts about being excited for the new feature since, roughly, page 15.

So hip, much condescending
wow

aceofsween

10-15-2013

This looks like an awesome step forward.

I have a question though. Will you be able to select multiple champions for a single role? For example, you can run Ahri, Fizz, Zed, etc all in the same sort of role with minor differences, but it appears like this system is locking you into one champion for one role.

Likewise, as a jungler, would I have to specify assassin over tank or could I look for both?

Needles K

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykin Generation View Post
Just a quick thought: I love the idea of team builder. However, I feel that it may compromise the ability of people to test out non-traditional champions on certain roles. Maybe it could be more generalized to just having players choose their roles. Then, at champion select, they can choose their champion? I mean, I already get enough negative responses to Heimerdinger support or Orianna support. I can't imagine how many rejections I would have to go through in order just to play Heimerdinger support in a normal draft or not draft.
Your queue time might be longer, but when you get into a group, they will presumably be positive about your pick and actually work with you instead of just asking the other team to report you in all-chat, so that's a plus.

LoZfan03

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Team Builder is all about introducing a new, cooperative Champion Select where players can agree to a strategy and team vision before entering a match. Players in Team Builder will be able to outline a strategy they are interested in playing, and the system will find teammates that share that vision. Feel like playing a double jungler strategy or want to send 5 players down the mid-lane? No problem. It might take longer to find 4 other players willing to try a crazy strategy but when you do, you'll know the entire team is bought in and you're going to have fun.
Lyte - since people are prone to react quickly and strongly, it might help to update the example image (or add a second if this is unfeasible) to something obviously off-meta. People won't always read the rest of the thread or even the second post before expressing their thoughts, and that would help to demonstrate the capacity for customization and head off a lot of concerns. Of course, it's a bit late for this advice for the initial wave...but new people are seeing the thread every minute, so I thought it might help.

PS - love the idea, look forward to trying it when it makes it to live. hope the queue times are reasonable, though I expect the fact that teammates join one by one will help queue go faster both actually and mentally.

Riot Id

Software Engineer

10-15-2013
12 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanktuary View Post
RobbyPoo? I played with that guy once. He's sexy as hell and so is this!
<3

Darlack

Recruiter

10-15-2013

I have felt like a feature like this would resolve a lot of trolling and raging. People want to play certain rolls and champs then they get into a game and someone instalocks. BAM no they are pissed. So they either decide to play something else that maybe they suck at or they just play bad to punish the player who stole their position or champ. I really think this will up the quality of players game. With this that ADC that can't jungle won't get stuck with it. When the lastest champ comes out you won't have to play 10 games with instalockers just to finally get a chance to play it just to have someone else that wanted to play it troll your game. I feel this will be a huge benefit to the community. Especially those wanting to try out new metas.

PapaShongo53

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
As a solo player in Team Builder, you have quite a lot of flexibility as well. Let's say you want to play Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. If you get placed into a group, this means that the leader of that group has already agreed they are interested in a Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. But, let's say you chat with the team in the lobby and don't like the setup the leader is trying to play--as a solo player you can simply ask the system to find a new group. It's as simple as that.
How does it work with Duo Que?

For example, I have a friend and we want to play Ryze + Brand bot lane, can we do this?

MankindsBadHABIT

10-15-2013

Like many others, I'd just prefer to see this enforced in its OWN SEPARATE QUEUE and leave the rest of the game alone.