Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windfish

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
As a solo player in Team Builder, you have quite a lot of flexibility as well. Let's say you want to play Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. If you get placed into a group, this means that the leader of that group has already agreed they are interested in a Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. But, let's say you chat with the team in the lobby and don't like the setup the leader is trying to play--as a solo player you can simply ask the system to find a new group. It's as simple as that.
but what about counter picking, not many people go into ranked just going with 1 champ, many people like to counter pick in draft, how will this affect draft pick?

CBlazer

10-15-2013

Question:
Can the team leader leave a slot's Role unspecified, so it can be filled by anybody?

Example:
3-man premade wants to play ADC, supp, and mid and needs random pubs to fill jungle and top. But the premade doesn't care if the jungle/top play tank, fighter, marksman, mage, whatever. Can the team leader leave slots open for "Jungle" and "Top," without specifying a "Role" for them?

Naphares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weave and Cleave View Post
literally NOONE is going to use it to setup meta-breaking team comps. This is like riot putting a cup full of thumbtacks next to a chocolate bar to give you the illusion of choice on what you eat. At the end of the day, it's just an illusion.
Pretty much this. Once it's pushed to ranked queues, and replaces what we have now, the game will be at an all time low.

GG, Riot.

Needles K

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
The replay feature has been live on the PBE for a LONG time, but has yet to go live. I personally cannot use LoL Replay without crashing my system, so I have been eagerly awaiting this feature going live. What the heck is going on? Has it been abandoned for stuff like this?
Different teams working on the two features. The holdup for replays at this point is that it requires a massive hardware outlay on Riot's part, and they are behind schedule getting everything set up. So basically, blame the Australians for making more work for Riot.

Zerglinglol

10-15-2013

wtb this system in ranked asap. A lot of my games with a lot of team hostility stem from champ select, mainly because many of these children aren't flexible with lane choice(OMG MID OR FEED, etc).

Zanktuary

10-15-2013

RobbyPoo? I played with that guy once. He's sexy as hell and so is this!

MankindsBadHABIT

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer Talara View Post
Again, another person who has failed to read all of the initial post.

"a) Team Builder is all about introducing a new, cooperative Champion Select where players can agree to a strategy and team vision before entering a match. Players in Team Builder will be able to outline a strategy they are interested in playing, and the system will find teammates that share that vision. Feel like playing a double jungler strategy or want to send 5 players down the mid-lane? No problem. It might take longer to find 4 other players willing to try a crazy strategy but when you do, you'll know the entire team is bought in and you're going to have fun."

Read it, don't think it even vaguely acknowledges the reality of the issue. "It might take longer..." is an understatement of the century. The fact is that SO MANY PEOPLE even now just HATE anyone who tries anything different... but some of them who are close to adults shut up when the realize something is working. (I would know not from being the "something working" but having encountered players doing things and saying "This will never work, this is probably a troll." and learning otherwise. But even that is nothing compared to how some of my teammates have reacted.) In place of 'It Might Take Longer..." if the author was being... entirely honest he or she might have added "It might be utterly impossible, now because everyone has to agree and get their way."

Tunoko

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphares View Post
Pretty much this. Once it's pushed to ranked queues, and replaces what we have now, the game will be at an all time low.

GG, Riot.
yeah.. im probably gonna quit if it gets applied in ranked..

Daddy Frost

10-15-2013

"OMG Riot is enforcing the meta, WAAAAAAAA!"

For Gods sake stop reading a few lines and passing judgment. Read all the ****ing red posts before making yourself look like an narrow minded idiot.

Entezio

10-15-2013

I don't understand, can someone explain to me what this is?
So if you want to play top you just que up for top lane and that's it?