Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immortal Bleu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

I'm only for this idea if in rank game we can specify only the role we want to play in
(top, mid, adc, support, jungle).
Reason was stated before that people could abuse the system to get a 5 men premade team on a solo-q

Leonixxiii

10-15-2013

Will there be multi or generic champion options? Like I can que support, but I play many supports, must I select one?

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Team Builder is pretty flexible but we had to be careful not to add too many specific options in the system that may increase queue times. What this means is that in Team Builder, you'll be able to outline the high-level strategy you are interested in playing--this means that you'll be able to select the roles and positions for your team, but not select the specific Champions you want on a team.

As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.
I'm a bit confused how this works. Does that mean there are two separate queues in team builder? One for a team leader and the other for people queue'ing up as a specific role?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2013
11 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
Well, hopefully this will become clear soon, but if it doesn't work the way I said, then there really is no "buy-in" from the team. Only having one person decide the comp and everyone else get automatically shoved into it creates its own problems. You might queue for mage mid only to discover that you're in a team of mage/mid assassin/mid fighter/mid support/jungle and support/top, which is probably not what you intended to queue up for.
As a solo player in Team Builder, you have quite a lot of flexibility as well. Let's say you want to play Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. If you get placed into a group, this means that the leader of that group has already agreed they are interested in a Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. But, let's say you chat with the team in the lobby and don't like the setup the leader is trying to play--as a solo player you can simply ask the system to find a new group. It's as simple as that.

Pretty In Inkk

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MankindsBadHABIT View Post
In short, this process guarantees anyone with a tiny bit of creativity will be ****ing blocked from playing games and also that no one has to act like an adult.

Please think VERY CAREFULLY about the quality of the people that make up your playerbase before you give them any power over other players whatsoever. I can honestly see this putting a fork in gameplay for a whole lot of players.
Again, another person who has failed to read all of the initial post.

"a) Team Builder is all about introducing a new, cooperative Champion Select where players can agree to a strategy and team vision before entering a match. Players in Team Builder will be able to outline a strategy they are interested in playing, and the system will find teammates that share that vision. Feel like playing a double jungler strategy or want to send 5 players down the mid-lane? No problem. It might take longer to find 4 other players willing to try a crazy strategy but when you do, you'll know the entire team is bought in and you're going to have fun."

Eserai

10-15-2013

Great

Max Payne

10-15-2013

I just squealed and my ovaries grew ovaries

Needles K

10-15-2013

Quote:
Team Builder is pretty flexible but we had to be careful not to add too many specific options in the system that may increase queue times. What this means is that in Team Builder, you'll be able to outline the high-level strategy you are interested in playing--this means that you'll be able to select the roles and positions for your team, but not select the specific Champions you want on a team.

As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.
Oh, dear. This is so trollable. Time to make a smurf and spam all-mid comps.

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
As a solo player in Team Builder, you have quite a lot of flexibility as well. Let's say you want to play Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. If you get placed into a group, this means that the leader of that group has already agreed they are interested in a Nautilus Support in the Top Lane. But, let's say you chat with the team in the lobby and don't like the setup the leader is trying to play--as a solo player you can simply ask the system to find a new group. It's as simple as that.
*queues up as Nautilus Support--Top Lane*

Estimated wait time: 4 billion years

Basically there's no way of knowing whether your Class + position combination is desired out there without a lobby. This effectively makes it extremely hard to find a spot on a team looking for anything but the standard. Thereby (indirectly) enforcing the meta?

Rhiljeryne

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskamo View Post
Just like in WoW. LOL.
As a support player and dedicated healer, the queue times for us will be glorious.