Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahhh Chu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

I like to "fill" during my ranked games. How will this change my matchmaking?

Edit: I love the idea btw! Great work!

NE0 Jets

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Don't add to rank plz

Stu Pidazso

10-15-2013

I don't know if this is already responded to but.. How will this new team set up work in Ranked because, how will bans work.. what if the champion the person wants to play is banned or something like that.. if this is for normal type games only.. That does not seem fair for the ones who like ranked and want to hit the challenger tier and become better.

I would like an answer to this on how they will enable this Team build to work with a Draft mode ranked system. if at all it will be implemented into Ranked system play.

Paradox666

10-15-2013

Quote:
As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.
I may be confused but doesn't that enforce the meta? If I decide that I want to play lux support, I could be simply booted out of the game until someone finally decides to let me play what I want to as a support.

SoullessWreck

10-15-2013

If this was implemented in ranked queue, how would you deal with doing bans?

CBlazer

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
It actually does not enforce it--leaders of a team will be able to set whatever parameters they want. Double jungle? Five man mid? Make it happen!

But, because team collaboration is the name of the game, your teammates will need to be bought in by queuing for that position and accepting the plan beforehand. It's built into the system to allow for flexible meta expression.
Sounds cool. Some thoughts:

In my experience, most "flexible meta expression" occurs midway through or after champ select, not before. Because most "flexible meta expression" is a response to the enemy team's comp and certain favorable/unfavorable lane matchups. Common example: Enemy team picks Kassadin mid = obviously and instantly, our team's ADC and supp will be going mid and our remaining picks (if any) need to adapt to that (it almost goes without saying).

Pre-game teamcomp options don't really address the issue of the meta-blinded player who refuses to adapt to lane swaps during/after champ select or mid-game -- arguably the better and more frequent occasions for "flexible meta expression." My fear is that the player who queues specifically for Top/Fighter would be less willing to swap into a 1v2 bot, even after champ select makes that strategy obvious. Perhaps something to consider.

Windfish

10-15-2013

how will this affect Draft pick for ranked and "counter picking" are we automatically locked into the champs we picked as a team before queueing and can't see the enemy team until we load, or do we load into a second champ select so we can adjust as needed?

Saevio

10-15-2013

Sounds great, and I do like how you're not forcing a meta. Read up folks, its written pretty clearly you can select how you want to play, regardless of how good or bad it is.

OctaSteve

10-15-2013

So, this is like a "looking for premade" type of que?

If so, is this a veiled attempt by Riot to allow the community to create new metas to spice up SR?

Tuberosity

10-15-2013

So is the other team going to have to have the same meta as you? or will we be going up against whatever they Q'd up for with their presets?