Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pretty In Inkk

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.
I think you missed the whole part about:

a) Team Builder is all about introducing a new, cooperative Champion Select where players can agree to a strategy and team vision before entering a match. Players in Team Builder will be able to outline a strategy they are interested in playing, and the system will find teammates that share that vision. Feel like playing a double jungler strategy or want to send 5 players down the mid-lane? No problem. It might take longer to find 4 other players willing to try a crazy strategy but when you do, you'll know the entire team is bought in and you're going to have fun.

Obviously, we're not going to be forced to follow the meta. I also highly doubt that we'd be forced to select an AP mid champ if we go into Queue for mid lane. That would be silly, considering how well certain champs work in mid (for example, Zed).

So no, they are really not enforcing any meta, just allowing us the early opportunity to get the lane/role we wish for without fighting out teammates for it and having people dodge queue because they can't get the lane they want.

A Pig that flys

10-15-2013

So does this mean that this playlist is sort-of a replacement for Blind Pick, since there's no way of knowing who you're up against, and there's no bans??

Vuillamard

10-15-2013

The one thing that worries me about the system, given previous experience with similar mechanics in other games...

How will the Team Builder prevents queues from taking 20 minutes (or some other crazy long amount of time)to form a game since there will be 9.987 people willing to go mid and 11.234 wanting solo top for every 1 support player?

Specter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Is there any way to have some ambiguity in what roles you want to go where? For instance, let's say I don't care whether I have an assassin jungler or a standard fighter, is there a way to specify that?

rice329

10-15-2013

what if i feel like playing something not considered good by other people? Ive had success with ap kogmaw, anivia jungle, and akali jungle, but if people see that, will they just reject me from queue?

Uber

10-15-2013

Finally

MyApocalyps3

10-15-2013

What about the support role? I feel like this will definitely always be the position most people will not want to play, so will there be a way to click "I prefer playing mid, but if there is a game that needs a support that is close to my experience level, I will play that instead"

Or will everyone always be waiting for someone to come online who wants to play support?

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
Yes, because that's the comp Lyte created in the picture. Do you think it should be impossible to create a meta comp?
And do you think anyone will actually happen to be queueing for the wacky roles your non meta comp will contain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Team Builder is pretty flexible but we had to be careful not to add too many specific options in the system that may increase queue times. What this means is that in Team Builder, you'll be able to outline the high-level strategy you are interested in playing--this means that you'll be able to select the roles and positions for your team, but not select the specific Champions you want on a team.

As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.
Will the people queuing up be able to see that there is a captain out there looking for a bot lane Mage? or will they just have to queue up as a bot lane mage and hope for the best?

If it's the latter, that form will likely be very unused as an metabreakers will be facing infinite queue times since they don't all queue up together, so this in the end, will just reinforce the current meta, won't it?

Just Mid

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Team Builder is pretty flexible but we had to be careful not to add too many specific options in the system that may increase queue times. What this means is that in Team Builder, you'll be able to outline the high-level strategy you are interested in playing--this means that you'll be able to select the roles and positions for your team, but not select the specific Champions you want on a team.

As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.
How do you become a Team Leader?

MankindsBadHABIT

10-15-2013

I feel like mid laners and ADCs will be stuck in queue forever.

Oh well, it's a small price to pay so that instead of people having to be reasonable and just play the role they end up getting by call/pick order they can get whatever they want.