Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vicvictorw

10-15-2013

Is there a system in place to handle people that designate themselves as support, but then get ingame and tell the team "Sorry, I lied, I'm going mid but wanted a fast queue?"

Dr Nay

10-15-2013

It must be Christmas

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-15-2013

Sounds like a great idea. It is supporting the meta and pretty much solidifies it, but Riot's been doing that already for years so no biggie. Can't wait to try it out... assuming Riot doesn't completely drop the ball with this Limited Edition skin thing ( http://bit.ly/18iC8wg ).

Naphares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

I'm sure you guys at Riot have good intentions with this, and I bet the first bit of this trial will be alright.

But it's going to move to ranked queues eventually, we all know it already. That's going to ruin ranked games even more than duo queues already do.

RIP in pieces, League.

DrOinkleBerry

10-15-2013

Holy sh*t a team building tool not enforcing of the metagame, but meant to build the perfect team no matter how long it takes?!

I wouldn't be surprised if some ques took over an hour, but holy **** it would be SO WORTH IT to NEVER GET a toxic, trolling, or metasheep team EVER AGAIN. Just a fun group of people that are all okay with what's going to happen.

Wow.

Much happy.

Such amazed.

FireAxes

10-15-2013

Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear. "Lathspell" I name him. Ill news is an ill guest!

Leonixxiii

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.
In a match with 4 strangers I welcome the meta, or at least a idea of it... but, with friends F the meta lol.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2013
10 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noogle Gexus View Post
I still will be able to Queue with "whatever" position and champion right?
Can I choose what teammates I want? I mean if I want someone with Thresh for example?
Team Builder is pretty flexible but we had to be careful not to add too many specific options in the system that may increase queue times. What this means is that in Team Builder, you'll be able to outline the high-level strategy you are interested in playing--this means that you'll be able to select the roles and positions for your team, but not select the specific Champions you want on a team.

As a leader of a group in Team Builder, you'll then be presented with players that want to play one of the roles/positions on your team, and you'll get to see the Champion they want to play and get to accept/decline them from your group.

Simon Plumaj

10-15-2013

This is a great idea that I've been hoping to see for a long time! Thank you for considering your players!

Dr Nay

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvictorw View Post
Is there a system in place to handle people that designate themselves as support, but then get ingame and tell the team "Sorry, I lied, I'm going mid but wanted a fast queue?"
Yeah I'm thinking this to ... happens in WoW all the time.