Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashes Arise

10-15-2013

What if you are in draft mode, and when you see your enemy pick you want to change your role based on that? What will become of counterpicking?

The MD

10-15-2013

Wow, that's a really sleek system you're going to implement. I remember reading about the possibility of things like this and wasn't sure how a thing like that could be implemented, but from the looks of it you've got a great idea rolling. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. Great job =D

Mortal Wombat2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarFlickerman View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO

I am NOT a fan of this. I (like many others) are not only malleable to what we want to play, but don't really make that decision until champ select. This is just not going to end well.

That, and people may say one role, but lock into another, creating MORE conflict than alleviating.
Except you can still choose regular old Blind Pick

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Champions aren't locked to their primary roles, when you select how you're queuing up, you specify what role/position you want to play with the champion. I'm a support player myself, and will be excited to try out more Naut support with this--Naut is one of my favorite champs
How does it work though? You select Nautilus support and queue up, and then you get drafted onto a team looking for a support? What if they don't want Nautilus support, can they kick you? What if they want their support paired with an AP carry, can you opt out?

Do some players queue as a "team captain" and set up the roles they want? Is there a lobby where their games are viewable? Or will I set in queue forever waiting for my double AP Bot lane curveball comp to come to fruition, meanwhile absolutely no one is queueing up for bot lane AP? (thereby artificially enforcing the meta since no one will reliably queue for wacky stuff blindly--if no one can see your game and your desires, they won't know)

I'm intrigued by this idea but left basically tantalized by this reveal, since it didn't go into the inner workings of the feature much at all. The picture seems to indicate that 1top 1mid 1jungle 2bot is standard. But that's not necessarily going to be true forever. Does the supposed team leader change that as well?

Scrulox

10-15-2013

Finally, been waiting for this forever. Now I don't have to play several games before I can play my desired role especially when I have limited time. Please roll out this feature to live as soon as possible.

Stitcher

10-15-2013

This looks sweeeeet, can't wait to try it out!

Quiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Finally

CaesarFlickerman

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Wombat2 View Post
Except you can still choose regular old Blind Pick
God no. Blind pick is scum, and I only do it in 5 man.

As long as this isn't integrated into ranked or draft, I'll be fine.

Needles K

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bl3u View Post
I don't think it works how you are envisioning it. I believe you can either be a "leader"- who creates a lobby and sets the roles. Or a "joiner" - who picks his role/champ and looks for a lobby. Then players get matched into your lobby, see your strategy, and say "no thanks" and leave, or say "looks good!" and stay.

Its not like everybody who queues up enters in their team comp strategy.
Well, hopefully this will become clear soon, but if it doesn't work the way I said, then there really is no "buy-in" from the team. Only having one person decide the comp and everyone else get automatically shoved into it creates its own problems. You might queue for mage mid only to discover that you're in a team of mage/mid assassin/mid fighter/mid support/jungle and support/top, which is probably not what you intended to queue up for.

SilverSnowLilly

10-15-2013

why isn't the government investing in this? this is genious