Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danksz

10-15-2013

ok so Riot is officially enforcing the meta, I have no problem with that tbh. it can still be broken - if a player really wants to play a specific champ in a specific lane, he can.

but lets be totally honets here - Lyte says MM is going to account for player skill/experieince at a given role? does anyone have any faith at all that Riot will be able to successfully accomplish this? the current MM si so bad, nearly every game feels like it was decided before the match even started. it feels like MM picks a winning team and a losing team and throws them together.

been winning alot lately? heres 4 bad teammates its time for you to lose now.
been losign alot lately? here have a few free wins, we'll give you opponents that have no idea whats going on.

its stupid and no fun. sorry Lyte, Im pretty jaded by my experience with this game over th past ~10 months. MM has really just sucked the fun out of this game.

Nehv

10-15-2013

I am so very excited to start trying out this feature, I hope it works out well enough for everyone that we can see a successful implementation!

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
9 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG Method View Post
Question will certain champions not be able to play other role's that they were not made for. Considering i love lucian mid, naut support ect. I would'nt exactly like this as i feel it add's too many restriction's, however this is somthing ive been waiting for and wanting for a long time and i cannot wait for it.
Champions aren't locked to their primary roles, when you select how you're queuing up, you specify what role/position you want to play with the champion. I'm a support player myself, and will be excited to try out more Naut support with this--Naut is one of my favorite champs

Majin Bl3u

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
But this isn't actually how it will happen. In order to get people to buy in, you need to communicate with them, and this doesn't even give you anyone to communicate with until afterwards.

What will happen is, somebody interested in trying something weird will try queuing for it a couple of times, not get any results, and then just give up. Then the next guy interested in trying something weird will try queuing for it a couple of times, not get any results, and then just give up forever. Or maybe they even queue at the same time, but one sets the midlaner as an assassin and the other sets it as a mage, but they're really OK with both. Because they don't know there's anyone out there amenable to their ideas and don't have any way of trying to convince someone, they will effectively be barred from trying their weird strategies to an even greater degree than they are today.

I don't think it works how you are envisioning it. I believe you can either be a "leader"- who creates a lobby and sets the roles. Or a "joiner" - who picks his role/champ and looks for a lobby. Then players get matched into your lobby, see your strategy, and say "no thanks" and leave, or say "looks good!" and stay.

Its not like everybody who queues up enters in their team comp strategy.

BruisingPrune

10-15-2013

So what about counterpicking for ranked games? Will counterpicking cease to exist because of this?

PsykeSC

10-15-2013

Thanks for this wonderful announcement! I just want to know, is a player able to specify multiple roles he can fill with equal preferences? IE: I like to play Mid Lane just as much as I like to play support. Will the new Team Building queue system make those two roles 50/50 for me, or will it just put me in the role that is most wanted, which would most likely be support? Or will it even allow me to select multiple roles?

SheepOfChaos

10-15-2013

In case this is allowed for ranked, It shouldn't be allowed to be the same que as soloq:

From what I can see, this system can be "exploited" by putting in an absolute crazy strategy (5 support jungle), which nobody will accept, except your "premade" partners -> you can achieve a full premade group in soloq.

Parrsboro

10-15-2013

Are there any plans to make bots fill roles when there is a shortage of people queuing for them? And by 'roles' I specifically mean support.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot NeuroCat View Post
I think my favorite comp I'm looking to run is: Marksman/Jungle, Tank/Jungle, Fighter/Top, Mage/Bottom, Support/Mid. The marksman and tank roam to lanes and help take towers - recently fought against this and its pretty scary!

So glad we finally get to share this
Yea I saw a few teams in your Riot Rumble doing this. No one seemed able to stop it but it's actually quite easy. Pull it together guys!

HidingOverHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

i wonder if you can implement something like, "preferred teammates" so that its not all meta, for example a person playing adc and looking for 3 other adc's and support for some reason.

so right now does the leader decide all this or is there like a chat to discuss this stuff?
could be interesting