Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ledinax

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
If this is introduced in ranked, how do you deal with the possibility that people can abuse it by choosing very strange team comp and simply waiting for the four other people you've prearranged with to join up? This would allow people to be effectively running full five man teams in ranked solo queue, which would provide a phenomenal advantage.
That's actually pretty smart. Although yeah, it would be abusing the system xD

Wrath of Kon

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Initially, Team Builder will be a separate queue and you will still be able to queue up as you do now for other game modes such as Normal Blind Pick.
Seperate as in its own ranked and normal? i just am wondering how this will be intergrated in to the system in place. i would prefer this not to be in ranked or become the only option for queueing up. Queue times might get to be too long. Imagine challenger levle games. if one role isn't wanted will those queses take evenlonger????

Mia Bella Volpe

10-15-2013

Did anyone else notice the obscene amounts of RP and IP in that picture?

Warriorman21

10-15-2013

3 (loaded) questions:
-Is this only for blind pick?
-Can I be more flexible like "I am willing to be support OR mid" or "I am willing to play Vi OR Renekton OR Jarvan"?
-Can I ask for some kind of strategy? Like, "I want to make an AOE comp"?

Glaedien

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light LaserTower View Post
Can you add a "fill" option.

This is a litterally "I am in the mood to play an crazy idea someone has come up with and any roll they need me to play"

EG you are Mid in a 3 mid 1 top 1 bot combo or bot or w/e.
Was going to ask the same thing. It'll help things go a bit faster, and it let's people potentially get a role they don't usually play w/o being forced into it. Perhaps a "Fill" and "Fill other than (role)" option.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2013

Lmfao... About time.

And it only took 500,000+ suspensions/permabans for you guys to finally realize this.

Worst thing is, this idea was pitched for years, and the ONLY reason you refused is because you didn't want this feature to finalize a specific meta for the game, which could've EASILY been fixed by adding one more role to the selection before queueing to be called "Open to strategy", which would group meta-breakers together.

Sometimes I feel like Riot is lightyears behind fans and players.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2013
8 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca317 View Post
Lyte, once released will this be available in both ranked and unranked modes and how do you feel this will affect matchmaking queues in ranked? I'm working on the assumption that for this to work there would have to remain an option to queue WITHOUT the teambuilder mechanic in place.
Initially, Team Builder will be an entirely separate queue. We're looking forward to feedback from players and will use that feedback to determine whether this type of Champion Select is a good fit for modes like Ranked Mode but for now, we're focused on improving the Champion Select experience as an independent queue.

Xcepting 9 Souls

10-15-2013

To be honest I hope you can que for multiple roles for instance I like to jungle & play Support so I hope I will be able to que for both at the same time, and I hope the diget at the top isn't the waiting time since 52Min in que would be a hell!

MorganFreemanBot

10-15-2013

Important:

Will this be an "opt in"? Will there be a non team-builder ranked / draft pick normal que? Or is EVERYTHING now going to be FORCED "team builder".

Additionally, will there be a "fill" option?

And, lastly, what if the meta changes? Does this mean Riot will be strictly enforcing the meta from now on when it comes to their champ design choices and buffs / nerfs..
Actually scratch that, you guys already are.

EDIT: Also, as others have said, will you be able to que for multiple roles?

Revenged25

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
If this is introduced in ranked, how do you deal with the possibility that people can abuse it by choosing very strange team comp and simply waiting for the four other people you've prearranged with to join up? This would allow people to be effectively running full five man teams in ranked solo queue, which would provide a phenomenal advantage.
Very good point. A gold level ranked 5 team makes a 5 jungle/support comp then proceeds to all queue for it and now stomp non-stacked teams of plat+ players.