Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psychotic Man

10-15-2013

Remove the role part in this, and it will get much much better (you know not enforcing meta and stuff).

also add an option for duo top lane or solo top lane + jungle, as only solo top option might screw up many comps.

Also add something like "Bot: ADC+Support" and "Bot: Non Meta" for again, not enforcing meta.

Unknownpony

10-15-2013

I just one question about second job. Mid lanne/assassin as defult ? Someone can take Swain or Diana and build them as semi tank so she would be mid lane/tank.

Where there be like just position search. Mid/top/jungle/bot Or will there be like position and job.
Like top/asssassin or mid asssassin ?
I'm asking cus in currently meta there is top/tank and I play top/assassin so i woudl hate that system if i woudl be froced to play tank LOL :S

Grand Eleven

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Initially, Team Builder will be a separate queue and you will still be able to queue up as you do now for other game modes such as Normal Blind Pick.
Separate queue ... which means I can't gain rank :/

Well I hope its a success... because I'd rather play this way than ranked.

Thales

10-15-2013

If this is introduced in ranked, how do you deal with the possibility that people can abuse it by choosing very strange team comp and simply waiting for the four other people you've prearranged with to join up? This would allow people to be effectively running full five man teams in ranked solo queue, which would provide a phenomenal advantage.

Ekir Atari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Cautiously optimistic for this. As others have asked, I'm curious to know if this is intended for ranked play in Summoner's Rift or not.

Also, as others have asked, is there a way to see what spots are currently being unfilled? I may main a specific champ, but have several secondaries that I would accept. It would be awesome if I could choose to get fed up waiting to queue for Jinx/Marksman and accept a Taric/Jungle that I see going unfilled.

Majin Bl3u

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot NeuroCat View Post
I think my favorite comp I'm looking to run is: Marksman/Jungle, Tank/Jungle, Fighter/Top, Mage/Bottom, Support/Mid. The marksman and tank roam to lanes and help take towers - recently fought against this and its pretty scary!

So glad we finally get to share this
Decent Idea, though its not really support mid at that point, more like double AP. Sivir would be a good ADC for this comp :P

OuttaControl56

10-15-2013

Yes.

Yes.

YES.

YES!

YEEEEEEESSSsssSssssssssssagauajdiis
Ahahahahahahaa
AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaa

YEEEEES!

Sincerely,

Outtacontrol56

IG Method

10-15-2013

Question will certain champions not be able to play other role's that they were not made for. Considering i love lucian mid, naut support ect. I would'nt exactly like this as i feel it add's too many restriction's, however this is somthing ive been waiting for and wanting for a long time and i cannot wait for it.

Dryad Soraka

10-15-2013

yay finally

Ekir Atari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
If this is introduced in ranked, how do you deal with the possibility that people can abuse it by choosing very strange team comp and simply waiting for the four other people you've prearranged with to join up? This would allow people to be effectively running full five man teams in ranked solo queue, which would provide a phenomenal advantage.
Great thought... On top of this, would they be "locked-in" to selecting the "crazy" team-comp? Or could they use it to get matched up and then all swap out to a more standard lineup?