Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misaka Worst

10-15-2013

Alright, question about this.

How will champions that fit multiple roles be queued up? Do you select the role for the champion?
Curious since champions like Jarvan, Elise, Lee, etc can go pretty much anywhere.

LoveSparkle

10-15-2013

Riot have my babies. <3

Ashes Arise

10-15-2013

OMG FINALLY! Great job riot. This should have been implemented years ago. Gone are the days of people being forced to play a role they don't want and troll the whole game.

Papy Mougeot

10-15-2013

wtf is tis reeeelll

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
4 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicAuror View Post
Kind of, but not really. You can still pick any champ you want to play "mid". The only thing this really stops is people going 2 mid/ 2 jungle. Which never really works in solo queue unless it is actually a team that queued together and has cooperation to play that way. Which if you are a team queuing together i'm sure riot will probably think of work-arounds so you could do this if you wanted.
Just to make sure people see: You can actually set up whatever comp you want. You can definitely do 2 mid or 2 jungle. The system is meant to make it easy for players to decide to play the way they want to play. Because there's no crazy time pressure, you're not going to hop into a game until everyone is fine with the plan. If the captain sets up a Support Top, Marksman Top setup, for example, they're deciding to wait a little longer to get solo players who will be happy to play the strategy they desire.

In that way, the tool is also more responsive to shifts in the "standard" meta. Should be neat to see how players collaborate with it

Majin Bl3u

10-15-2013

Can we get some more explanation on how this works? Will this only be available in normals? Will there be plans to move this to ranked quickly or are you looking to see how it impacts games before pushing it to ranked?

What is the checkmark and x-button next to ahri? Is that for vote to kick or something? Could we maybe get a bit more thorough details on how the process will work?

OMG halp meh plz

10-15-2013

Err, didn't you guys explicitly say you weren't going to do role queues?

Maybe I skimmed through this too quickly, brb rereading...

Ryster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Does this enforce the roles onto people after the champ select starts? Like what if someone says they will adc at bot. But then once champ select comes around, they go ap riven jungle? I assume it doesn't enforce what was there, but can we report people for doing this?

Just Mid

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
It actually does not enforce it--captains will be able to set whatever parameters they want. Double jungle? Five man mid? Make it happen!

But, because team collaboration is the name of the game, your teammates will need to be bought in by queuing for that position and accepting the plan beforehand. It's built into the system to allow for flexible meta expression.
You guys are so ****ing awesome

Gløry

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
It actually does not enforce it--captains will be able to set whatever parameters they want. Double jungle? Five man mid? Make it happen!

But, because team collaboration is the name of the game, your teammates will need to be bought in by queuing for that position and accepting the plan beforehand. It's built into the system to allow for flexible meta expression.
So if I'm team captain and I set up a game where top is a tank, mid is an ADC, jungle is a tank, and bot lane is two assassins, and I'm playing an assassin... I have to wait until someone blunders into my queue thinking they're going to play an assassin and finds out I want to duo bot with them? It may theoretically support non-current-meta gameplay, but can you articulate the process by which is does this in practice?