Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheepOfChaos

10-15-2013

What about lane swaps? Does this system support queing up for stuff like duo mid or duo jungle?

DrewRoid

10-15-2013

Mixed feelings. If this is enforcing the meta... Im gona be a sad panda.

Greenwheel

10-15-2013

Interesting.

BlastTyrant

10-15-2013

"The current matchmaking does a good job of matching up players of similar overall skill levels, "

That made me giggle. Last game i was matched vs 2 lvl 24's and a random Platinum. the 24's were not pre and the plat was a random. MM FTW

Welshmiesta

10-15-2013

It's cool that you guys are willing to separate yourselves from the earlier stance of not encouraging any meta, people can still decide in champ select to do something different because I am sure you will not be penalizing people for going against their selected role. This will take a lot of the epic teamwork fails out of the equation plus ensuring people will be playing on their A-game champs/roles.

baronvonfunke

10-15-2013

Does the "X" mean your team can decide they don't want to play with you? If so, you've designed a system to prevent heimer from ever being played again.

Esteris

10-15-2013

Mid's, tops, jungle & marksman queues are now twenty minutes long, while support queue times are instant. Reminds me of WoW dungeon finder, only this time we won't have a DK tanking in PvP gear.

Acccce

10-15-2013

I'm ready for the hr long que times, BRING IT ON RITO.

davin

Senior User Researcher

10-15-2013
3 of 101 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.
It actually does not enforce it--leaders of a team will be able to set whatever parameters they want. Double jungle? Five man mid? Make it happen!

But, because team collaboration is the name of the game, your teammates will need to be bought in by queuing for that position and accepting the plan beforehand. It's built into the system to allow for flexible meta expression.

DemonicAuror

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.
Kind of, but not really. You can still pick any champ you want to play "mid". The only thing this really stops is people going 2 mid/ 2 jungle. Which never really works in solo queue unless it is actually a team that queued together and has cooperation to play that way. Which if you are a team queuing together i'm sure riot will probably think of work-arounds so you could do this if you wanted.