@Morello About the current state of fighters

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Croanin

10-15-2013

Interesting, I never really though about how interchangable most bruisers are. Renekton and Irelia are damn near the same thing but the meta is suited more towards Renekton so we see him more.

However you should give yourself a bit more credit. Garen for example is among the melee lane bullies, however unlike most bruisers even if not super fed he can single handedly take out a high priority squishy alone if not peeled due to his tankiness and execution. Meanwhile Darius who is a bit more flat footed works a little better as a peeler and can help the carries destroy the tank line.
Then you have Wukong probably the only fighter with a tank like engage.

A Dying Dream

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeDonger420 View Post
I really hope that when the time comes you can consider Irelia's fanbase in your decision. If this is the direction you are taking fighters I'm pretty sure its going to come down to a rework or retweaking but Irelia's kit, though difficult to balance, is still fun in its own way. We have a thread going on about this very topic around pages 8-10 if you care to comment or look at it.
We don't know **** about game design yo. It's all gonna be ****ed.

I wonder what they will do though. I hope it's... fun.

Arkaia

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeDonger420 View Post
I personally would rather have them take their time with this because as it stands you only have a few viable fighters. I think Renekton is cool and all but let's have someone else do the chopping, shall we?
Agreed. I want to play my crocodile without seeming like I'm following a trend. (I just like Renekton. :P)

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
This is exactly what you guys did to ziggs isn't it? Making him destroy minions so he can push the tower better, then gave his passive a boost to help him destroy them towers.

Still Wished Zigg's Minefield nerf was reverted :\
Yeah, same approach, try and identify specialize some champions a bit if there's not a clear answer to the question 'why bring this champ besides their damage?'.

PopeDonger420

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaia View Post
Agreed. I want to play my crocodile without seeming like I'm following a trend. (I just like Renekton. :P)
I feel the same way about Jax.

PopeDonger420

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Yeah, same approach, try and identify specialize some champions a bit if there's not a clear answer to the question 'why bring this champ besides their damage?'.
Do you think it would allow for more variety in tournament picks in the future? Say more bruisers available to counter assassins or less maybe the appearance of less mobile mages like Cass or Brand in the future?

Krystalmyth

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
Point being is that it feels like Irelia truly lacks those distinct mechanics.
Once I discovered Irelia's best use for her ult is to clear waves when split pushing, I just knew I had to abandon her. When her ult is best used for things most other champs use their normal abilities for, it's just... I dunno, something isn't right there. Take the lifesteal away if you want but... I don't get how we can have champs like Aatrox do some of the things he can do, but somehow Irelia can be allowed to sit idly and in such a poor state.

Arkaia

10-15-2013

This entire subject might have to require poking holes in the benefits of taking one character over another, or else people will stick to their tried and true. There are two ways of doing that, one would be making their flaws more obvious. The alternative is to make champions who's upsides are much more notable and obvious, but if you continue to do this it might be the start of a power creep and I'm sure no one wants that. But hey if you guys ever need feedback.. this community has some alright people underneath all the noise. :P

PopeDonger420

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalmyth View Post
Once I discovered Irelia's best use for her ult is to clear waves when split pushing, I just knew I had to abandon her. When her ult is best used for things most other champs use their normal abilities for, it's just... I dunno, something isn't right there. Take the lifesteal away if you want but... I don't get how we can have champs like Aatrox do some of the things he can do, but somehow Irelia can be allowed to sit idly and in such a poor state.
It is kind of sad that her kit is pretty fun but her ult is lackluster but you get someone like Thresh who has a strong kit and while his Ult isn't the strongest, it feels satisfying to use.

A Dying Dream

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalmyth View Post
I disagree on her ult. It's very potent when used right.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...950109&page=10

Come feel free to discuss her with the rest of us... if I could get other people to come.

Me and Irelia Carries U have been doing very damage oriented builds. Her ultimate has the potential, you just need to use it.

1234567 ... 8