@Morello About the current state of fighters

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PopeDonger420

10-14-2013

Is there any plans for you to announce what changes you want to make to fighters? Like an AMA or something? An entire class of champions is being ignored and so far you've only said a few words on them and I just want more transparency on the issue.

PopeDonger420

10-14-2013

A downvote... are you ****ing kidding me?

ViashinoWizard

10-14-2013

I mean it's not like several bruisers were played at LCS or anything.

PopeDonger420

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
I mean it's not like several bruisers were played at LCS or anything.
By several you mean 3 and one being more tank then bruiser... Jax, Shen, Renekton and in worlds it was pretty much those 3. I saw Malphite there but he is also a more tank then bruiser.

PopeDonger420

10-15-2013

bump

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2013
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeDonger420 View Post
Is there any plans for you to announce what changes you want to make to fighters? Like an AMA or something? An entire class of champions is being ignored and so far you've only said a few words on them and I just want more transparency on the issue.
We're currently working on a bunch of stuff that's planned for release during the Pre-Season of Season 4. That includes a number of adjustments to fighters, things to improve the overall state of support and jungle play plus some other stuff we're still finalizing. Not all of that will be released at once and the fighter stuff won't be part of the first pre-season patch. We'll talk details closer to the time, right now we're really focusing on getting the core of the changes sorted out.

One thing I can mention at the moment though is that we're looking to create more distinctive niches for fighters. Right now a number of our fighters are somewhat interchangeable in terms of the gameplay experience they offer and what they bring to a team. As a result if you're after a figher picking whoever's got the best chance of winning the laning phase is a common choice, which can result in a small pool of regular picks. Other roles, such as supports for example, have much more defined niches (pick Leona for an early kill lane/strong dive initiations, Janna for a really defensive peel role, Blitzcrank for a opportunistic pick comp, Zyra for an AOE/anti melee pick etc). That's not to say support balance is perfect, or that defining clear niches for fighters will be a simple, immediate solution to fighter issues. It is however a direction we believe can do a lot to help create a situation where a sizable number of fighters are seen as attractive picks at the same time.

LVNsNASmurf

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
-
You've started with saying Garen is the ultimate "out of combat sustainer" a champion who is damaging and tough, fast and ignores poke.

Do you have any other niches for fighters already worked out like this? I don't mind if they don't really fulfil them atm, but it would be good to know.

(Also, in the same vein, I'm trying to think what MF's distinction is. Massive teamfight blaster?)

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Nasus would be the slow building infinite power Fighter then I am guessing?

PopeDonger420

10-15-2013

Quote:
We're currently working on a bunch of stuff that's planned for release during the Pre-Season of Season 4. That includes a number of adjustments to fighters, things to improve the overall state of support and jungle play plus some other stuff we're still finalizing. Not all of that will be released at once and the fighter stuff won't be part of the first pre-season patch. We'll talk details closer to the time, right now we're really focusing on getting the core of the changes sorted out.

One thing I can mention at the moment though is that we're looking to create more distinctive niches for fighters. Right now a number of our fighters are somewhat interchangeable in terms of the gameplay experience they offer and what they bring to a team. As a result if you're after a figher picking whoever's got the best chance of winning the laning phase is a common choice, which can result in a small pool of regular picks. Other roles, such as supports for example, have much more defined niches (pick Leona for an early kill lane/strong dive initiations, Janna for a really defensive peel role, Blitzcrank for a opportunistic pick comp, Zyra for an AOE/anti melee pick etc). That's not to say support balance is perfect, or that defining clear niches for fighters will be a simple, immediate solution to fighter issues. It is however a direction we believe can do a lot to help create a situation where a sizable number of fighters are seen as attractive picks at the same time.
Thank you for the response. I can appreciate this direction but, what about fighters with kits that are all over the place like Irelia?

A Dying Dream

10-15-2013

Quote:

Shoot over to page 8-9-10 over here if you want to discuss, or read anything, concerning Irelia.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...950109&page=10

She lacks any real direction in that whole "niche" thing you want to do.

12345 ... 8