From a D1 3 Year Tryndamere Vet - Thoughts on The PBE Nerf @ Riot/Balance Team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarineRevenge

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyahda View Post
Free bump with a question.

Marine, how do you feel about the Garen changes?
garen never got changed, hes the same as he was before the visual rework went live

KING MELEE CARRY

10-14-2013

bumping this for visibility

RiotChun

Live Balance Designer

10-14-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Tryndamere's split pushing power and the satisfaction surrounding his gameplay are still something we are tuning

GoldenPlana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChun View Post
Tryndamere's split pushing power and the satisfaction surrounding his gameplay are still something we are tuning
i syncro summon stardust dragon

Khristophoros

The Council

10-14-2013

Quote:
Any comments on the ideas that the OP has brought up?

I think he makes really good points about jungle Tryndamere especially.

Tortferngatr

10-14-2013

Do you think that giving Trynd 1s CD reduction on E on normal champion hit would at the very least increase his consistency?

Solatoral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2013

Quote:
Not to say you guys aren't working hard.

But could you at least reflect on the OP's inital post? It seems he put time and effort into it and clearly knows what he's talking about. I think he deserves that much.
This reminds me of the Olaf thread. Where it was "Give us your opinions and thoughts, but instead we'll basically tell you you're wrong".

Except here it's "well of the 2 things you mentioned, we're working on it, that's all, kbye".

kirby145x

10-14-2013

Quote:
True as that may be, you are only decreasing his split pushing. Now give us the satisfaction part.

His current teamfight is weaker than Jax, and after this his splitpush will be about the same as Jax. So we need a buff or change somewhere, otherwise we just pick Jax.

And as much as OP's post is fair to mention jungling, this (a nerf and NO other change) is unacceptable to lane Tryndamere. He is outclassed after this. On live, his splitpush is the thing keeping him viable as a pick.

And I will add on that I prefer you package the changes together, instead of a nerf this patch, buff next patch type of action where the champion is unplayable until the buff. He is by no means a "must pick" or OP champion that you absolutely must kill his ranked pick rate. Wait until you can provide us a nerf/buff combination to apply the patch.

Rauron

10-14-2013

Quote:
This is a non-answer. I assume that you're busy or otherwise pressed for time. Given that, I'd suggest adding a "will say more later" or "can't say much more" phrase at the end of such a post, so as to make the reason behind your post a bit clearer. As it stands, this looks a little insulting in a "your post isn't worth actually reading" kind of way, which I'm pretty sure is FAR from your intention.

KING MELEE CARRY

10-15-2013

Quote:
This is good news, I am a Jungle Tryn main for about 4 years. and I know you have played Tryndamere in the past to get yourself to either D1 or D5 IIRC.

I'm assuming you are definitely aware that Tryndamere's main feats is having one of the best mobility kits in the game within the jungle, not necessarily much so in lane (As why he is not necessarily the best in team fights and laning pre-rework), and the main reason why you are going with these nerfs is to get rid of that terrible edge case for tryn players where they can statikk shiv a lane, e through it, hit hit and move to the next wave immediately, reminiscent of sivir q w hit hit move.

Remember that his core weakness is not having an impact in team fights in most cases, do not try to compensate this nerf with some meaty buffs to his overall kit, his stats is fine and even I consider him balanced in the most part, because high ELO solo q players are easily able to deal with Tryn split push (get a decent counterpick that can match him late game when he is prone to split pushing like Jax/Shen/Quinn etc) as well as handling him in team fights (Much more coordinated, disengages are a plenty and enough to give any tryn a hard time once they press R)

Also account for his past results in recent tournaments. LCS-wise, Tryndamere was played by Zion and Voyboy, but the total results are abysmal. Korean-wise I am not so sure, but it probably is with decent play/(w/l) ratios.

If you do in fact get rid of that case, please do the suggestion written by MarineRevenge, this or revert back the buffs given in a previous patch (8 to 5 of q to gimp the laning phase for Tryn), but please do not gimp the very core fundamental of what Tryn is, mobility in the jungle (Why he was god in old TT!)

dont touch my precious jungle tryn, roit pls