@Morello, can we talk briefly about Mordekaiser?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dz Vegas

10-14-2013

buuuump u_u

Morello

Lead Designer

10-14-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Post reminding you that we will talk about this (we're just butt-deep in systems work right now!)

Vsin

10-14-2013

Then leak the systems already! October's halfway through and I want a S4 to mess with on the PBE!

Balfourthejedi

10-14-2013

thank you morello, believe me these bumps were not out of frustration, but anxiety. morde was one of my first mages to learn and id love to know the current red thoughts on him especially with how he fairs since the 13 pot strat was removed.

KevinDelMarr

10-14-2013

Does Mordekaiser excel anywere besides melee match-ups? It seems like when he can't bully CHampions he gets dumpstered. I remember a post about Ahri talking about how once she gets a bunch of stats she just kills you no matter what (which is why you want to make CHarm intergal for damage). Morde almost seems to be the same way, except he doesn't have much since he's all about melee and dealing close range damage. WHat I mean is if he can't get a bunch of stats (namely spell vamp and damage) he does nothing. His shield is tied to damage and if he can't deal the right damage then he gets killed by ranged and his own health costs costs

In a different game or time he would be a viable option, but his kit is a relic when mobility was low and he was melee magic damage CHampion to use, now we have things like Fizz, Zed, etc.

Super Explosion

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Post reminding you that we will talk about this (we're just butt-deep in systems work right now!)
Are those systems going to allow marksmen to build stuff like Hurricane?

You know, non-hyperscaling slowly sustained DPS.

So maybe other classes have the chance to provide the damage spikes and the support can go to other lanes and there's realistically more targets worth killing in a teamfight?

Like maybe, just maybe, Mordekaiser could be your team's high damage champion?

GhostStalker

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
How deep is butt deep?

Arkaia

10-14-2013

Neat.

Minishmaster

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
How deep is butt deep?
A good bit above 'knee deep' but far below 'neck deep'. Almost 'waist deep', but not quite.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2013

I actually think top lane Kaiser is good if you max shield.

Creeping Death is very strong and top lane is somewhat easier since he gets away from burst and more toward sustained damage, which he's better vs.

If I had to fix him, which I think he needs, I'd up his base MS by 10 to make it on par with Master Yi or Pantheon, have his passive give him maybe 30-35% CC reduction, (Who deserves it more? Honestly?)and maybe, maybe, reduce his ult burn from 10 seconds to 5, but keep the damage.

The ult burn change could be helpful, since it'd help counteract health potions defeating it alone, especially early, but would lessen your window to get that clone. (Alternatively it could give a heal debuff, but that'd be giving Mordekaiser real utility)

Really though, a MS and tenacity buff, and he could wade through teams like the Murder Emporer he's supposed to be.