Gifting Ideas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Giant Flab

10-11-2013

I feel as if the gifting system could use a slight tweak. At the moment, you can gift your friends who are level 10 or above and have been your friend for a certain amount of time skins, champions, and RP. With the addition of things like portraits, ward skins, and more bundles, I feel that we should be able to gift those as well. It would be awesome if i could save 600 RP gifting a champ skin bundle to a friend, rather then buying each separately. What do you think?

Saberprivateer

Product Manager

10-14-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Howdy The Giant Flab,
Gifting is a great way to show friends you care and share enjoyment of League. We definitely want to expand ways for people to gift to friends and are hoping to have more options (TBD) in time for Snowdown.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Brann Orn

10-14-2013

Speaking of this it would be nice that if you owned a skin no longer available at the store (Hextech Galio ect.) you would still be able to gift it for the appropriate cost. Seeing as you already own/have unlocked the skin that seems fair.

Shaimus

10-14-2013

Quote:
Speaking of this it would be nice that if you owned a skin no longer available at the store (Hextech Galio ect.) you would still be able to gift it for the appropriate cost. Seeing as you already own/have unlocked the skin that seems fair.
The main problem I see with this that this provides people with a way to profit off of Riot. If you don't think someone wouldn't try to sell these to people for a rather steep profit then you're sorely wrong. Add someone as a friend, wait the appropriate amount of time, sell the skin at a vastly inflated cost to turn a profit. Rinse, repeat. Yeah, there's plenty of people who would do it completely legitimately but like anything else the few who wouldn't effectively ruins it for the rest of us.

Also, in that case as well, you gift the skin to one person legitimately or otherwise. Now that is another person who could gift the skin out. If this happens often enough, and my suspicions are that it would, then pretty soon finding someone to get a skin from becomes easy and there's really no point to not have it in the shop in the first place. It kind of defeats the purpose, in my opinion.