Riot is nerfing champions that don't deserve it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ausugn

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buderfingers View Post
Im amazed at how many people are up in arms about this. Its not like many people play her at all. (I do, but I rarely see anyone else) Personally, Im not a huge fan of the changes as of right now, but I dont think it will be that big of a deal in the long run. Morgana DOES have the ability to mindlessly farm without being in any danger whatsoever. And I can see that as being a gameplay mechanic that should not exist. However, I also believe that it is necessary in order to have a counter to dangerous (some may say OP) assassin mid laners that zone you out of every creep. (*cough* Kass *cough*) Im ok with these changes as long as assassins lose out on some of their wave clear as well.
yes so lets deny a random champion that nobody plays the ability to mindlessly farm without being in danger. There are plenty of champions that can do this. Some of them are assassins... (wat)

EradicatorClaw6

10-13-2013

Also Riot you need a next riot post button to go with your first riot post button.

LichMazter

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKSTABUUU View Post
Maybe, but at that moment, he's SOL if if you hit him or if your jungler comes to get him. There's SOME risk involved. Morgana does what? Presses W then walks under her turret and reads a magazine?

I don't think it's inherently wrong to want to change that so that she can have better killing power, especially since the desired end result isn't to completely remove her ability to farm.
You are not putting yourself into any danger as your are not moving into your shadow. If the jungler comes, you just run back under the turret, making the jungler look like an idiot.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-13-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

just so we're clear here (because there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding), i put these changes on the pbe for testing and i'm paying very close attention to what happens with her wave clear in lane.

xIPMx Antarctica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2013

I already posted this in another thread, but I'm a noob when it comes to the forums and idk how to refer to my original post or quote myself, so I'm just gonna copy/paste it into this thread as a new post.

If you don't like the afk-farming for no price, could you increase the mana cost on her pool? Perhaps keep the spell at 130 flat mana instead of having the cost go up with rank, so her late game isn't hit but her early afk-farming is? That way, her one-spell farm has roughly the same "cost" in lane as another champion's 2-spell farm. Because she only has that one spell and her super-short range autos to kill minions with, though, she now has a weaker clear than most mages because she can't kill the creeps with another spell. (For the record, Syndra can clear the casters with 2 Q's at level 5, and that costs her 120 mana.)

EDIT:
Actually, although it's impractical, Karma can clear the casters at level 3 with two q's for 110 mana. Now, karma's q has around a 6 second cooldown at that point, and you have to shoot from the side so you don't hit the melee minions, but it can be done.
Additionally, Cassiopeia can clear the minions with just her w (miasma) at level 3 if she were to put 2 points in it.

Nightseraph

10-13-2013

The only thing she is good at now is pushing a wave.
Her Q is unreliable for her impact, black shield is useless in half your matchups, and she just feels clunky and weak.
Can we see some serious buffs to her Q, or perhaps have black shield damage the champion that breaks it?
Morganna needs some niche, even if her thing was just..pushing and farming very easily.

Duffman316

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
just so we're clear here (because there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding), i put these changes on the pbe for testing and i'm paying very close attention to what happens with her wave clear in lane.
how about some buffs for yi so he can be a competitive pick in higher ranks?

Netorekt

10-13-2013

Quote:

you guys say this every time and then do the proposed nerf anyway.

chumbler

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acitcratna View Post
I already posted this in another thread, but I'm a noob when it comes to the forums and idk how to refer to my original post or quote myself, so I'm just gonna copy/paste it into this thread as a new post.

If you don't like the afk-farming for no price, could you increase the mana cost on her pool? Perhaps keep the spell at 130 flat mana instead of having the cost go up with rank, so her late game isn't hit but her early afk-farming is? That way, her one-spell farm has roughly the same "cost" in lane as another champion's 2-spell farm. Because she only has that one spell and her super-short range autos to kill minions with, though, she now has a weaker clear than most mages because she can't kill the creeps with another spell. (For the record, Syndra can clear the casters with 2 Q's at level 5, and that costs her 120 mana.)

EDIT:
Actually, although it's impractical, Karma can clear the casters at level 3 with two q's for 110 mana. Now, karma's q has around a 6 second cooldown at that point, and you have to shoot from the side so you don't hit the melee minions, but it can be done.
Additionally, Cassiopeia can clear the minions with just her w (miasma) at level 3 if she were to put 2 points in it.
130 mana rank 1 pool would destroy Morgana far worse than the pool change Riot put in. Like it's not even close. Your suggestion would be absolutely awful. Even at rank 5 130 mana is a hefty investment when she's spending it every wave.

Afflictid

10-13-2013

Quote:
Seriously though, can we get some input on Zed's waveclear at all stages of the game?