Battlecast 101

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Key Lime

10-13-2013

If the sky is the limit

does that mean no battlecast Ao Shin?

FabulousJusticar

10-13-2013

I believe that the battlecast are agaisnt the pulsefire.
But thats just me.

Sodaspree

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJusticar View Post
I believe that the battlecast are agaisnt the pulsefire.
But thats just me.
There is one Pulsefire skin.

The Bravo Ray

Concept Artist

10-13-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Let's talk about the key components of the BC line visuals; it's Tech level. When we say "Tech Level," we mean how technologically advanced the design theme.

Tech Level guild line

For all intents and purposes, the Battle Cast is a robot themed skin line. While being robotic in nature, this does not mean it needs to present a futuristic feel. That is why you can see complex mechanical parts underneath the thick plating(wires, actuators, bolts, and exhaust).

This design angle helps the in game visuals reduce the tech level from a futurist feel and brings it into the steam punk, or apocalyptic realm. Another thing to note on the tech level, is the source of the BC power operation or engine. For Urgot, we created a combustion style engine as his power source. Two large exhaust pipes exit out his back; shaking, and emitting smoke. Keeping true to the theme of the crude power delivery. There is nothing complex or refined, just a huge motor to do the job. Remember "Function over Form".

Some guidelines do not have to be carried over to all the BC when it comes to the tech level. Cho'Gath Prime, is an example.

For Cho, we wanted to elude that he was the prime example of Viktor's designs. He runs a furnace style power system, like a coal powered locomotive. The more he consumes, the hotter and larger he gets. So, in his full stacked form, his plates would fan out to let the piping, hot gas escape.

These are some of the ways we take a robotic theme and keep the tech level down.

Armor Plating

The biggest defining thing about the line, is the armor plating. It is very thick, hard, and rough around the edges. Matte painted, dented, worn, and distressed. This helps keep it from looking like a futuristic robot; which would be slick, stream lined, and polished. BC plates are slightly curved or bent to cover sensitive systems components. Usually, the armor plating is designed to be forward facing to block incoming damage. It needed to appear heavy and awkward, like a tank would. This is why some of the BC seem bigger than their bases(but we try to make sure they fit their hit boxes).

Feel free to continue to post and ask questions. We really love a lot of the creative ideas posted so far.

XNinjaFuHiya

10-13-2013

I feel that Battlecast Swain would be pretty bad ass. Speaking about the "crude" way they are made, the birds have room to look Mechanical and his transformation... omgggg that would look amazing! Not to mention he can have a matching cane like Viktor haha.

Though I still would like the community concept of Dragon Swain to be put to the list as well!

Captain Key Lime

10-13-2013

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...0984105255.png

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...wo-d6psm0d.jpg

Are these related?

(the upper right diagram of the spread and the balloon)

Or is it some kind of landmine thing?

Kovah

10-13-2013

For being the creator, Viktor sure does not seem that powerful. I mean I have more than enough games in ranked with him under my belt, I feel like I have got him down to a science, but he is seriously lacking in power for a guy who mutilated his own body to get stronger.

Magmaboy1

10-13-2013

i have only one thing to say battlecast yorick no ghouls just robots release it with his rework

GhostStalker

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bravo Ray View Post
snip
So in your words, what would a battle cast Kha'zix look like compared to Mecha Kha'zix we have now?

Communist Bakery

10-13-2013

I've been reading over some of the proposed ideas... you do realize that they're looking for non-humanoids... so champs like Malphite,Alistar,Garen, Renekton,Zyra,Zac,even Volibear, etc. don't really fit that bill... maybe Rammus (although he already has full metal), Kha'zix(although he has mecha skin), or Nocturne