Riot is nerfing champions that don't deserve it

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Number 2312

10-13-2013

Talon needs his ult back. Or a better q.

Moonlight Selene

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetS diuqiL View Post
So let me get this straight:

You're nerfing Morgana's non-instantaneous farming that requires minions to stay stationary. It also costs up to 130 mana. If Morgana can't get gold off of the minions in lane, she will never get gold due to her inability to farm outside of the laning phase due to having to compete with her teammates that have instant wave clear abilities.

Yet...

Champions like Zed, Kassadin and Talon are retaining their wave clear. While Kassadin does not start the game with wave clear capabilities, he is easily able to 1 shot creep waves with his Force Pulse during the mid game. The other two can easily clear waves near-instantaneously from the early levels. Do you mind explaining why these assassins are allowed to have their wave clear abilities and Morgana isn't? Aren't assassins supposed to farm champion kills instead of farming minions? It's come to the point where you can never shut a half-decent Zed down because he can just mindlessly splitpush until he gets his items (and of course, takes a few towers on the way.)

We also have champions that instantly wave clear and fulfill the same role as Morgana does - that is, a control mage. Orianna, Zyra, Lux and Gragas are all good examples of this. These champions all have incredibly good wave clear for about the same mana cost Morgana clears waves with. Here's a question: If lack of lane interaction is the reason why Morgana's Tormented Soil is being nerfed, then why is Lux allowed to keep her Lucent Singularity? It's got a longer range and instantly clears waves for the same exact mana cost at all ranks.

Why are you nerfing the champions that don't deserve it over the ones that do?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying ALL of the champions I have mentioned need nerfs, but some of them most definitely do.
I understand u man these nerf are really unfair and out of hands, I'm really dissapointed at Riot's "balance" team specially for the changes on ahri who doesn't deserve a nerf since she is already a balanced champion (49%/51% win ratio) high skill cap and easy to counter by most champions, now she is getting destroyed, she is going to be useless while they r leaving zed, kass, fizz untouched....this is super unfair.

Digivolve

10-13-2013

meanwhile nasus presses E.

what wave?

Dark Binding

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Selene View Post
I understand u man these nerf are really unfair and out of hands, I'm really dissapointed at Riot's "balance" team specially for the changes on ahri who doesn't deserve a nerf since she is already a balanced champion (49%/51% win ratio) high skill cap and easy to counter by most champions, now she is getting destroyed, she is going to be useless while they r leaving zed, kass, fizz untouched....this is super unfair.
It's a travesty, isn't it?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-13-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I know the goal with Morgana changes are not nerf. They are a shift in abilities.

Auto-farming basically for free (get two Doran's Rings or something) is really non-interactive and just not great gameplay. Our goal is to give her extra kill potential (get hit with a Q, get dunked by missing health W) and late-game scaling (health scales with the game, so does W).

If the changes are not enough to compensate for the loss in farm power, then that's something we're happy to change.

But to your point, Lux's E does much less damage than Tormented Soil. Tormented Soil deals some ridic damage.

Edit: And to be perfectly clear, to my knowledge Morgana is the only champion who can kill the back minion line with one ability at champion level 5. Max Force Pulse has a base damage of 280. Rake deals 260. Tormented Soil deals 425. At rank 3 it deals 275 wither a higher AP ratio than Force Pulse. Bit of a difference there

Trolosaurus

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I know the goal with Morgana changes are not nerf. They are a shift in abilities.

Auto-farming basically for free (get two Doran's Rings or something) is really non-interactive and just not great gameplay. Our goal is to give her extra kill potential (get hit with a Q, get dunked by missing health W) and late-game scaling (health scales with the game, so does W).

If the changes are not enough to compensate for the loss in farm power, then that's something we're happy to change.

But to your point, Lux's E does much less damage than Tormented Soil. Tormented Soil deals some ridic damage.
I'm actually worried she's going to get shifted back into the immovable rock from lane position she used to be.

wahremacht

10-13-2013

bumping this so ****ing hard. MORRELLO I SUMMON THEE

Yajin

10-13-2013

I'd guess that the Morganna change is part of the "bigger picture" of Season 4. Frankly, if whatever they're doing gets Morganna back in the professional spotlight (and does something about Season 3's Assassin domination), then it's a change in the right direction.

The Assassin problem has been out of control for too long.
It would be nice to see other champions viable mid again.

(Orianna is the only non-assassin that comes to mind, that saw any significant play at Worlds)

AquaDragon42

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post

Edit: And to be perfectly clear, to my knowledge Morgana is the only champion who can kill the back minion line with one ability at champion level 5. Max Force Pulse has a base damage of 280. Rake deals 260. Tormented Soil deals 425. At rank 3 it deals 275 wither a higher AP ratio than Force Pulse. Bit of a difference there
Ok, then what about the Olaf nerfs? You and the other reds abandoned that page after asking for feedback even though all we did was give you exactly what you asked for.

Tsunami Chaser

10-13-2013

Yay no more Morgana.

12345612 ... 22