New Ahri vs Old Ahri Graphs (Math)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-13-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quezala View Post
Sounds like akali, but at least ahri has skill shots so there is some room to outplay.
And we aren't particularly pleased with Akali either. If you are within 700 range and she has enough stats, you just die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofacekill3r View Post
So can you explain how her damage goes up when landing charm when charm only effects 1 person? and you nerfed the AOE on her R?
Sure. Yes, her AoE damage of her R went down. That's just straight up true. However, I'm arguing that Ahri rarely if ever gets full value of her extra R hits. An extremely high number of times, they simply hit nothing (she's chasing a single target) or minions (she's chasing a single target in lane). This is extremely common.

Additionally, her total damage on W actually goes up. The base damage on the ability has stayed the same, yet still gets the Charm benefit. So if you only land one tick of W, you get the amplified version, while the other two full-power versions hit something else. On top of that, I know we were toying with having Charm forcibly suck up all the W charges, even if they would have been out of range. This helps actually guarantee single target damage increases (contingent on landing charm).

Criomhthann

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
And we aren't particularly pleased with Akali either. If you are within 700 range and she has enough stats, you just die.
I read this as "Akali nerfs incoming." Am I misreading?

Zerglinator

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
I read it as "major Akali kit changes coming because this kit clearly isn't working out from a skill standpoint". I might be reading into it too much.

LaxIsBack

10-13-2013

Quote:

Sure. Yes, her AoE damage of her R went down. That's just straight up true. However, I'm arguing that Ahri rarely if ever gets full value of her extra R hits. An extremely high number of times, they simply hit nothing (she's chasing a single target) or minions (she's chasing a single target in lane). This is extremely common.

Additionally, her total damage on W actually goes up. The base damage on the ability has stayed the same, yet still gets the Charm benefit. So if you only land one tick of W, you get the amplified version, while the other two full-power versions hit something else. On top of that, I know we were toying with having Charm forcibly suck up all the W charges, even if they would have been out of range. This helps actually guarantee single target damage increases (contingent on landing charm).
Phreak, nor rick or you have adressed the real problem

WHY YOU ARE PUSHING US TO PLAY HER JUST AS A BORING ASSASIN!!!

we love ahri as a versatile mage, with endless of posibilities and choises.

we dont have problems with nerfing the W+R free damage, what is the problem and disgust a lot of us, is that she will no longer be viable as a mage

N0ble1

10-13-2013

Phreak, can you explain how the nerfs will affect sustained DPS Ahri, I've been using that build since league of warmogs and found it to be very useful when counter-picked or when I fall behind.

I bring this up because I never liked using DFG on her outside of occasionally playing her as an assassin when my team needed me to, these changes feel like she will be more geared towards being played as an assassin rather than a versatile champ who could play as an assassin or a mage depending on the build.

Zaid8

10-13-2013

Quote:

Something I really don't understand. You guys said that she was balanced a couple months ago and didn't need any changes and now this. Then everyone is complaining that she can one shot practically anyone w/o time for counter-play or reaction. The reason for that is DFG NOT Ahri. Third people complain about being one-shotted without time to react and you go and completely destroy the mage aspect of Ahri and reorient her to be a more powerful assassin type to again, one shot people, which is what the majority of complaints are about her in the first place!

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-13-2013
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
I don't know exactly.

But just think back to her past. When she was a dominant pick, she was very quick to get nerfed. Even Gunblade is targeted. I don't know the balance state of Akali right now, but I know we've been trying for a while to add some extra gameplay to that champion. Our tweaks to Twilight Shroud, for example.

LaxIsBack

10-13-2013

Quote:
I don't know exactly.

But just think back to her past. When she was a dominant pick, she was very quick to get nerfed. Even Gunblade is targeted. I don't know the balance state of Akali right now, but I know we've been trying for a while to add some extra gameplay to that champion. Our tweaks to Twilight Shroud, for example.
and.... gonna you respond our concerns about overkilling mage ahri??

Family Rider

10-13-2013

This thread still going? Why don't we just wait and see what happens to Ahri after the nerfs, THEN decide if she need tweaks or not? At the moment just treat this like the 3.9 Draven nerf or the 3.10 Elise nerf. Obviously given that Ahri has a 60% ban rate on Lolking that something has to be done because of it.

Are people really this outraged at the fact that a S3 STAPLE champion with the highest ban rate in the game won't be as strong as she was before the nerf? What if the same thing happened to Fizz, Zed, Kass, or Jarvan 4? Would you still react the same way?

Is balance what you care about, or do you just want to be able to pwn every competitive game you play with your top 4 favourite champs?