There is still no reason Sivir should have 500 attack range.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irish Red Cap

10-12-2013

I still don't see the issue of allowing Sivir to have more sustain by using her steroid over other ADCs.

In lane phase this will allow her to at least farm on-par with other marksmans who will easily harass her unless she burns through mana with Q.

Then in team-fights she wouldn't be punished so badly for having to get close to get those AA in from short range with no range boost.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
27 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveFunTrying View Post
And I'm happy you guys are responding and considering our thoughts. She was just released on the PBE, so there's time to tune her up!
Plus we're always releasing balance patches. It means it's important to get the pieces right than to balance them perfectly on launch.

Gidoru

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm giving context in to why we did what we did, not looking to alter the direction. 95% of players of any champion prefer their champion does not get nerfed, so it's not like Zyra players not wanting Zyra nerfs is news - though we can get info about what things are most painful and make numeric changes (we often do that on PBE).
Except in this case its 95% of players playing a perfectly balanced champion in Mid Zyra that dont want her nerfed because she is 'too strong' playing in another lane.

Whats most upsetting about the situation are comments made by CertainlyT calling mid Zyra 'too strong' and 'highly successful' when all available data suggests otherwise.

-Picked once across both NA and EU LCS in Mid lane by Froggen, went negative lost game. ( I guess Froggen must suck because he did poorly an what Riot considers an overpowered champion)

-Picked 0 times Mid lane in the finals with over 2 million dollars on the line. (I guess pro players hate money since apparently Zyra mid is free wins)

-Low ban rate in both solo queue and worlds suggesting that both pro players and average players alike dont think shes all that strong

Care to explain how this is representative of a champion that is 'too strong' and 'highly successful' mid lane? Unless the words strong and successful have different meanings at Riot I fail to see how these things can be true.

Point being you're totally gutting a balanced mid laner because they are being used as a support.

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2013

Is there any thinking about giving the remade Ricochet some bonus damage to the initial target, because as I try her out in the PBE, ranking it up before level 6 feels extremely underwhelming and provides very little use while actually trading other than its attack rest.

Also, maybe a base armor or health increase?

Other than the slashing of her Attack speed, I actually like most of the changes of the rework.

Zerglinator

10-12-2013

Quote:
So, again (and this is my point from the original point) is you're concerned Sivir's not good enough, not that she doesn't have good skills?
Can I be the guy that says...BOTH?

Mostly Boomerang Blade in my opinion. Too simple. Should have something to make it feel like a better boomerang, like giving it SUPER range or having it stay out for longer until you reactivate it to bring it back.

Vsin

10-12-2013

Quote:
% missing HP scales naturally with the game (as people get HP/level) and itemization.
At the beginning of a fight, when Morgana is actually going to use her CC chain to hold people in the puddle? Because I sure don't see low-health fleeing enemies standing in that pool long enough for the % HP damage to kick in.

Rivini

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrä View Post
The Headsman's Pride
Marksman

Solved the conspiracy.

SlVIR

10-12-2013

pease morello put the base damage back on her W

and she will be solid

trust in the #1 played sivir in the world!

Arctic Bro

10-12-2013

lol just saw pax sivir in pbe, love the tron effect, would be cool for the trail to deal damage like in the movies but it won't happen

Rockman

10-12-2013

Quote:
% missing HP scales naturally with the game (as people get HP/level) and itemization.
So is the focus of the change to make it so maxing Q is more rewarding choice for killing while W isn't gonna be auto-farm time, and they would have to buy more AP if they wanted their safe farm again? Sound about right?