There is still no reason Sivir should have 500 attack range.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Transairion

10-12-2013

Quote:
So what is the alternative? We can make Sivir "not quite as good Corki" at 550. Her ricochet would need to be nerfed, her ult less fight-changing, and ultimately, a pretty flat character who would be easy to replace with other marksmen.
That is literally the current/PBE version of Sivir. There's no reason to play her over another Marksmen who could do the Marksmen job better. She was a pusher, that was removed, so now she's nothing really.

Hell Jinx has 4 scaling abilties and Sivir only has two (formerly one but W was amazing), and 50% of Q's scaling is AP. Why play Sivir to begin with?

I'm honestly shocked at the impression that Sivir is played at all and actually wins any games she's in, whenever I see/use her it's just sad to watch her fail miserably trying to ADC, and trying to push like she used to.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Make it so Q -> W will actually do good damage to champions, and make Morgana lanes (as a Morgana player myself) not auto-farm.
You do realize Morgana's 425 AA range will make her laning at level 5 and 6 pretty much impossible to deal with, right? Again, that's a change that just makes people go ''Why, Riot, why'' because you don't seem to care about the implications of your changes as long as it meets your criteria.

Ex : Make Q-W hit harder for Morgana. Make Sivir unique.

phaggotlast

10-12-2013

Quote:
Make it so Q -> W will actually do good damage to champions, and make Morgana lanes (as a Morgana player myself) not auto-farm.
Yeah why not just auto the minions. I mean she has one of the best range in the game right?

riot pls

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
21 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
Vayne's range should be 525.
That might be true. Heh.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
22 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaggotlast View Post
Yeah why not just auto the minions. I mean she has one of the best range in the game right?

riot pls
Or buy like one item and you're back to good farming

Vsin

10-12-2013

Quote:
So what is the alternative? We can make Sivir "not quite as good Corki" at 550. Her ricochet would need to be nerfed, her ult less fight-changing, and ultimately, a pretty flat character who would be easy to replace with other marksmen.
*tears hair out in frustration*

I swear, if I had the credentials to actually apply to Riot, I'd head over there and beat some sense into your scared pansy designers.

Why the balls would Ricochet need to be nerfed? Really, why? "Because she'd sit at a safe range?" Pfff, she still needs to be within 500 of something just to start the bounces, and that thing at 500 is going to be something that can murder her, 99.9% of the time.

Also, while her Ult does something, I'd hesitate to say that On The Hunt is actually going to swing fights that weren't already won. A movespeed boost like that probably isn't going to be helpful with mid-fight disengages.

Kappadin

10-12-2013

I'd really like a reply concerning this Morello... if Morgana's wave clear is going to be nerfed for no apparent reason (other than "she can farm too well" - too bad she has no way to farm after 20 minutes) can she at least have a NORMAL attack range and attack speed?

She's got Annie level attack speed and Urgot level attack range. Why?

Psyclone Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2013

Can you explain the spell shield changes a little bit?

At the moment on the live client I actually like that it costs mana to use. It forces you to actually learn how to use it well rather than just using it whenever it's off cooldown since it's free. I mean I guess I can see the argument that if something is supposed to be used to give you more mana it feels kinda silly to cost mana.

I dunno, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
23 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
That is literally the current/PBE version of Sivir. There's no reason to play her over another Marksmen who could do the Marksmen job better. She was a pusher, that was removed, so now she's nothing really.

Hell Jinx has 4 scaling abilties and Sivir only has two (formerly one but W was amazing), and 50% of Q's scaling is AP. Why play Sivir to begin with?

I'm honestly shocked at the impression that Sivir is played at all and actually wins any games she's in, whenever I see/use her it's just sad to watch her fail miserably trying to ADC, and trying to push like she used to.
So, again (and this is my point from the original point) is you're concerned Sivir's not good enough, not that she doesn't have good skills?

M0MENTUM

10-12-2013

Morello, I just wanted to voice some of my concerns as someone who used Sivir to get from gold to diamond this season.

1. Removing her self AS from the ultimate and making it into 3 autos worth of AS is going to hurt her abilities to take down any form of tank line. Other ADCs have either high steroids to deal massive DPS or high range to stay safe, Sivir currently fits the first set with a sustained AS steroid, but only 3 autos worth of AS will destroy that ability.

2. Removing the AS aura didn't just hurt the extremely niche use in terms of team comps like bruiser synergy, but also hurt the far less niche use of it where minions can help you take down turrets even faster. A big part of Sivir's identity is that large minion waves become twice as vicious with Sivir on board.

I absolutely love the ricochet change, but I think that the ultimate change destroys Sivir's identity as a tower eating monster.

Sorry to repost but I felt overlooked.