There is still no reason Sivir should have 500 attack range.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyrä

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman View Post
marksman
Name:  4624625.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  110.5 KB

Torridus

10-12-2013

What if she had longer range. Her spell shield was a ultimate ( could mirror a spell back ? Something like that ) and her ult got scaled down and was her E?

Because really her kit is flawed. She's definitely the kind of character that doesn't feel like short range. Ricochet shouldn't cost mana and should be balanced around it being a permanent passive.

I just don't see her ever being 1) enjoyable 2) viable with her kit right now.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
13 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderworldH4des View Post
What's the point of you being here for this discussion? I mean it's not like you will take it into consideration and actually change stuff up.....if you did you wouldn't be butchering Zyra mid even though 95% of the people on that discussion thread said it was bad...so yeah, idk why you are going through this trouble of trying to discuss things.
I'm giving context in to why we did what we did, not looking to alter the direction. 95% of players of any champion prefer their champion does not get nerfed, so it's not like Zyra players not wanting Zyra nerfs is news - though we can get info about what things are most painful and make numeric changes (we often do that on PBE).

Critkeeper

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Especially important that last-hitting feels good on marksmen, for sure. I'll see what Statikk thinks (as he mentioned in his post, we're worried good players on internal tests caused some conservatism on numbers).
I'd honestly prefer it if she had 5 rather than 3 uses of ricochet, and if the bounces were much much slower. That adds some counterplay, similar to malzahars visions because you can see where the bounce is at and it moves quite slowly from minion to minion. If you want to get out of the way you can just get out of range. So she has some actual zoning to her kit.

What that does is it increases the duration of her attack speed steriod. It is also really kewl to have 5 blades bouncing on one wave at a time, shredding the whole minion wave in slow mo.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
14 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Red Cap View Post
Morello. If Sivir's range isn't going to boosted to normal minimal marksman range and her steroid still relies entirely on her AA reset from Ricochet then why can't you at least give her a way of over-sustaining or itemizing a little better than other marksmans?

I say this with the idea of at least give Sivir the ability to let the ricochet's proc on-hit effects like lifesteal. Maybe not ALL on-hit affects so she doesn't get 5 phage burst but you could at least change it to where she could sustain better in a team-fight for her really bad range and no real gap closer.
Her ult's a gap-closer - a pretty good one at that!

Are you really worried about the lane matchups, or teamfighting? It seems people are really focused on laning to me on this.

EDIT: So her team movement speed is NOT a gap-closer? dafuq.

JesusIsOurSavior

10-12-2013

stop nerfing under powered champs

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
15 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Trynda View Post
I'd honestly prefer it if she had 5 rather than 3 uses of ricochet, and if the bounces were much much slower. That adds some counterplay, similar to malzahars visions because you can see where the bounce is at and it moves quite slowly from minion to minion. If you want to get out of the way you can just get out of range.

What that does is it increases the duration of her attack speed steriod. It is also really kewl to have 5 blades bouncing on one wave at a time, shredding the whole minion wave in slow mo.
Very true. If we can get away with more, I'd like to push on that when we see actual balance.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-12-2013
16 of 33 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsOurSavior View Post
stop nerfing under powered champs
Stop making the signal noiser with unsubstantiated and low-value feedback :P

UnderworldH4des

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm giving context in to why we did what we did, not looking to alter the direction. 95% of players of any champion prefer their champion does not get nerfed, so it's not like Zyra players not wanting Zyra nerfs is news - though we can get info about what things are most painful and make numeric changes (we often do that on PBE).
That's because those nerfs shouldn't happen, they are in the wrong spots with no compensation. And literally 90% of the changes that are on PBE make it through live, if you haven't you should see what CertainlyT said about zyra and what he should be doing to her, even though he's not really on the balance team....like No offence, but is T usually high? I'm not the only one that thinks that after the statement he made on this thread.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3937936

And he hasn't even came back to the thread to respone after leaving that wall of text. Should especially read his last bullet point.

Brent Rambo II

10-12-2013

Will you give Sivir more AoE damage than Twitch to compensate for the fact that she has no range and no escapes?

Like, double twitch's damage output with his ult on?

What about her mana costs (without relying on E absorptions) midgame so that she can actually optimally do AoE damage without going dry and being a 500-ranged right clicker