A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPARTAN 111

10-09-2013

Well if bola strike is higher damage than his empowered q, thaat's gonna suck in my opinion. I love the changes, but his q should've been only nerfed to about the strength of the current bola strike in my opinion, please guys at Riot, please make him into the King of the jungle!!!

Raiyn

10-09-2013

Counter-play to Rengar's kit? I just hope it doesn't go the way of Olaf. Where every single aspect of the kit has counter-play such that the champion is just useless.

This Q-Train has me so, so frightened for starters...

eatsgokuforlunch

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey arwing,

So i understand your concerns about Jungle XP, but what i can say is that one of the systems that we're working on (that demands so much testing Rengar is delayed) along with Vision and Support priorities is XP curves for junglers mid/late game. I can't really talk much more about it (and this thread wouldn't even be the place to do it) but rest assured that this is something that's on our radar, and should help this problem that you have

In general, the purpose of Champion Level scaling is that on Live, you rarely 5-Point a spell that you haven't already maxed. Maxing Bola for Harrass? Double Bola them for 480 base damage and 2x the AD Ratio. Maxing Roar or Q? Double-tap those as well. This isn't to say that there still aren't strategic reasons you'd want to Root or Heal with a Q Max build, but it's often overshadowed and in some cases flat out wrong due to the massive advantage of doubling up on a skill you already have.

This should make you feel much better about in-combat W2'ing instead of following up with that Q you maxed, because the damages are similar enough and based on level to where you aren't choosing 'Do i Q2 or W2 and lose X damage?' Now it should be clear 'Do i want 3 Ferocity to chain, a Heal to end the trade/sustain, or a root to escape/engage?' with the damages being similar enough that you don't mind about the damage loss.

Whatever changes you make good sir please leave atleast 3-4 seconds stealth for the ultimate part because he has no jump reset or escape abilities like ''khazix'' , ''Akali'' and i do like the changes you have made because currently he is either a hit or a miss and relies only on tripleq's before dying if not enough tanky or superfed. Also you can give few extra seconds of stealth after he kills someone.

tl;dr- The point is give him an escape mechanism like few extra seconds of stealh on killing someone or extra jump or something like that..

SPARTAN 111

10-10-2013

Just a question, HOW MANY MORE YEARS WILL THIS REWORK TAKE, HM?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

10-11-2013
77 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 111 View Post
Just a question, HOW MANY MORE YEARS WILL THIS REWORK TAKE, HM?
No worries dude - it won't take years. If you read my previous post i stated 'Soon, not SoonTM' which is my way of saying 'Not sooner than you'd like, but probably sooner than you'd expect.'

A lot of the designwork (implementation) is finished and direction signed off, all we need is a dedicated QA sweep so it's not the buggiest thing ever and a signoff to help me with balancing (Bonus Live Design Fun Fact: Every champion/rework has a 'Live Signoff' that helps balance the champion's strengths/weaknesses alongside the designer). With the system changes we're testing/working on i mentioned in my previous post, i simply can't spare the time to work on this let alone rope more people from my team into making it a priority.

Decided to respond to you here as a refresher for anyone else who may have been hyped to see Rengar hit PBE and try out his changes. I want this to come out pretty bad too :P

X1zz3l

10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
-snip-
If you manage to get Rengar ready for 3.14 I'll be your biggest fan...forever...and i mean it like that, FOREVER o_o
Make it happend Scarizard, please <3

ProfDrDeath

10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1zz3l View Post
If you manage to get Rengar ready for 3.14 I'll be your biggest fan...forever...and i mean it like that, FOREVER o_o
Make it happend Scarizard, please <3
Maybe better not for 3.14...

...since 3.13 is hopefully the final patch of Season 3

xplicit mike

10-11-2013

bump

Vash the Stamped

10-11-2013

i'm sorry @Scarizard but i get really discouraged when i hear "yea Rengar will still be strong top lane, i got Infinity Edge and he still does damage". You said that your tweaking his Q to do less damage (his primary damage ability) See when you tweak an assassin's primary damage ability you better compensate in some useful way, and no i'm not talking about longer movement speed ult, i'm talking about something meaningful. Something i can use to compete with named brand top laner's (Riven's, Reneton's of the world) I really hope you guys land a good rework, because i really don't want rengar to land in that class of champions (YOU know what class of champions i'm talking about)

Vash the Stamped

10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapsychology View Post
I bet every single person on this forum who wants the Rengar changes are trash Rengars....

Seriously Riot, if you are going to change a champion THAT much.. then you better let me refund my skin, he's a different champion, a champion, that quite frankly, make's Karma remake look like a walk in the park.

Chain Q's??? This makes his entire kit lackluster now. It use to be all about setting up that EMPOWERED Q, I use to feel like such a PRO when i'd chunk health bars with that empowered Q. Now you're saying the damage compared to empowered W will be close? What kind of change is this? New Rengar looks so boring it's not even funny!

How about this. To clear up Rengar's "TOXICITY," remove stealth from ult but allow others effects to persist for the ultimate's duration after the initial leap (unlimited leap, enemy detection, speed buff, ferocity). This adds counterplay AND riot can leave Rengar's stats/abilities UNTOUCHED.

LEAVE MY LION MAN ALONE!!!!!!

P.S. I know Riot could care less about anything I post or any true Rengar player, so yea, THANKS for destroying Rengar you @$$ HATS.
LOL, in no surprise 8/10 of the community is sliver and lower, they dictate whats "OP", and whats not. You know whats really toxic, champs like nasus and Renekton could feed and farm and be strong later. That take the skill right out of the game, where bad play gets rewarded later.