Season One Circuit Rankings (5v5)

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigfatlp

11-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredDaemon View Post
WCG qualifier requires you beat dozens of teams. WCG finals required you to beat 3 teams. Just because WCG finals is more exclusive doesn't mean it would be worth more points, as the US champs (CLG) already got all the points for winning WCG NA.
The dozen teams that u had to beat wont even come close to beating most the teams u beat at na finals or grand finals. so ur thing is dumb xd

Jay Kun

11-20-2010

So do the circuit rankings just determine seedings for the season one tournament? When is and what regions are eligible to participate for this tournament?

red8D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

There are so many more things wrong with this than the 'tier' of the respective WCG stages. Howabout the part where team members on every team listed(I think, Haters might actually be the exact same) have changed around, some of those teams don't exist at all, the rankings are based on events which are poorly advertised(and poorly run themselves, see: Newegg), and we're apparently completely invalidating ranked 5s play to this point except for it's ability to qualify people for WCG NA bracket placement(maybe the only good thing Riot has done so far.. except even that was a late notice thing...). There is a whole lot of fail going on here.

IdiotSavant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatjiji View Post
The dozen teams that u had to beat wont even come close to beating most the teams u beat at na finals or grand finals. so ur thing is dumb xd
hey jiji did you guys get the rp reward already for alienware?

koulDream

11-20-2010

Hey, Marcou....

I am the team captain for PcP, we are in the wanfest tournament and have changed the team name.

we're now: Delta Triad

was hoping you could adjust it, not sure where i should be posting this but i figured this was the best place.

TL;DR: PcP changed team name to Delta Triad

JesterJT

11-20-2010

The League of Legends competitive leaders are making this far too complicated. They are attempting to create an entirely new system to rank teams rather than using other online league structures that have proven to be successful. Riot you have the possibility to create one of the most competitive PC gaming communities to date, one that could rival the CoD, TF2 and DotA communities and hopefully one day achieve what CSS has been able too.

Solution

1) Create a Season of Competition
2) Open sign ups to all teams with a minimum being 5 and maximum being 8 (for 5's comp)
3) For season two I believe Riot could do a much better job, rather than everything being judged off of elo I believe the elo should be a part of the ranking system not determine the whole thing, because though I don't want to discuss it here because it could never end I believe the elo ranking system to not provide the best conditions for a competitive community to develop.
4) Once teams are signed up the task of ranking the teams begin. Going off of the current NewEgg Wanfest team list of around 250 teams I think a riot tournament could pull in nearly double this amount or rather close, probably around 350-450. So lets for example sake say we have 400 teams sign up. In order to rank them for the tournament I believe they should be ranked in two phases. At the start time of the tournament take the average 5's premade elo of each team and rank the teams from 1-400 based on this.
5) Once the teams are ranked by their premade 5's average elo a single elimination tournament begins much like the WanFest one and a winner is decided. Because of the format teams will come out of the tournament with a general ranking. After round 1 all teams that lost will be placed into the 200-400 bracket called the OPEN devision. The remaining 200 teams will continue and round 2 will eliminate 100 teams, round 3 eliminating 50 teams, etc. 3 devisions could be established following the tournament. OPEN division = teams 200-400 and any new teams
MAIN division = teams 50-200
PRO division = top 50 teams
6) Once these 3 devisions are created a season can begin with a set amount of weeks with a match each week, generally 8-12 weeks is acceptable. After this the record of each team will be taken and they will be placed into a playoff format with a tournament occurring for each devision. The top teams from Open can move up to Main and the worst teams in Main will move down to Open. The top teams from the Main tournament move up to Pro and the worst teams from Pro move down to Main. The top teams from Pro win money based on their tournament.

I realize this is a story but I hope everyone understands the structure I have proposed because this is the way many leagues function, the key is to get devisions that are easily manageable and then the best teams from each devision move up after each season and the worst move down, in this format the teams will be able to compete against players of their relative skill caliber as they improve and if they continue to improve as a team they will continually move up devisions. If we begin getting more teams then more devisions could be created but the more skilled the devisions get the smaller the amount of teams there should be so they can be showcased in broadcasts by companies that shoutcast games.

Hope this does something for somebody. I might make a forum post dedicated to this tournament format just to get community reactions. Lemme know what you think.

Shadowik

11-22-2010

Where can I add my team?

eMskillet

11-22-2010

Cevo is here w00t! If you're in Socal and want to play, add me, im making a team. Please be in Socal and have a good understanding of the game.

eMskillet

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by red8D View Post
There are so many more things wrong with this than the 'tier' of the respective WCG stages. Howabout the part where team members on every team listed(I think, Haters might actually be the exact same) have changed around, some of those teams don't exist at all, the rankings are based on events which are poorly advertised(and poorly run themselves, see: Newegg), and we're apparently completely invalidating ranked 5s play to this point except for it's ability to qualify people for WCG NA bracket placement(maybe the only good thing Riot has done so far.. except even that was a late notice thing...). There is a whole lot of fail going on here.
Poorly advertised? If you don't know about wcg or cevo or newegg or alienware, then you're just not that into competitive gaming. These have been around for a few years now, cevo being a very long time. Maybe you should do some research on competitive gaming bookmark those sites. Cal is coming back too, bookmark that.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

11-22-2010
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOddOne View Post
Yeah our team got 2nd in alienware which is a B tier tournament like WCG yet somehow we're far behind Epik and are tied with Diva despite placing ahead of their team in BOTH tournaments.
I was awaiting the results of the championship match. Your result has been added

1234567 ... 9