Bug with Jinx Sounds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2013

Jinx's sounds do not play if she is moving, and stop the second you move/attack.

As far as I'm aware Jinx is the only Champion whose sounds will stop after you start moving.
I know I love using Singeds or Teemo's laugh while moving, and Jinx is no different.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

10-14-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
Jinx's sounds do not play if she is moving, and stop the second you move/attack.

As far as I'm aware Jinx is the only Champion whose sounds will stop after you start moving.
I know I love using Singeds or Teemo's laugh while moving, and Jinx is no different.
Hey Werewolf Link,

Thanks for the feedback! Are you referring to her sound effects or her voice over lines when you mention "Jinx's sounds do not play if she is moving"? Can you please give a few specific/detailed examples of where and what things stop playing?

Borunks

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentSwan View Post
Hey Werewolf Link,

Thanks for the feedback! Are you referring to her sound effects or her voice over lines when you mention "Jinx's sounds do not play if she is moving"? Can you please give a few specific/detailed examples of where and what things stop playing?
Hey man! He's talking about her laugh, you know how it loops if you don't move, but when you start moving her laugh stops. THAT is what he is talking about, it's a feature because jinx's laugh loops, like a dance. So you can't move and laugh, it's not an actual bug, hope I helped clear things up!

starkey xxx

10-14-2013

Her laugh definitely cant be played if you are anywhere near an enemy creep or champion, which I assumed was intentional to prevent her from spamming it. Which I don't understand, by the way - emotes are usually the most fun when you use them to communicate with the other team and vice versa, so not being able to use hers anywhere near enemies sucks.

thewolfman15

10-14-2013

i have been hearing her basic sounds skip from time to time.
IT only dose it at the start of the phrase she will say "i'm..i'm..i'm wearing lots of belts.....for no reason at all"
she dose stuff like.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentSwan View Post
Hey Werewolf Link,

Jinx's Laugh, Taunt, and Joke will stop playing if you move Jinx, or if Jinx auto attacks.

For example, if I start playing one of her sounds (Emotes? Whatever the official term for them are), then click to move, that sound/emote will not finish playing.

If I start playing a sound/emote, and then a minion walks within my attack range, Jinx will auto attack it, and whatever current sound/emote that was playing will stop playing.

This isn't true of any other Champion I've ever played. I know you can use Teemo's laugh, then move, and the laugh will continue to play until the duration has ended. (I know this because I chase my friend around SR with his adorable maniacal laughter.)

I hotkey my Emote Sounds to J (Joke) K (Taunt) and L (Laugh) for ease of use.

Skiren

10-14-2013

I too find that, even if Jinx's laugh for one was meant to be as it is since she rolls around and it loops(which I would find kind of sad, cause when can you EVER sit still like that to laugh? I want to be able to use it, it's such a nice laugh >_<), it's a big problem with Jinx's other emotes, for instance...I was pretty excited when I got into a game against a Caitlyn, because I wanted to taunt her, but you can't taunt and then move(which is a problem since trying to sit still for her whole taunt would get you shot in the face repeatedly by an annoyed Caitlyn), and even if I try to sit still, I could never be close enough to the Cait to taunt, because Jinx will just start shooting minions T~T(those are kind of two different issues though, inability to emote near minions, and inability to move before an emote finishes)