Please don't nerf Ahri/Orianna

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seminole Sun

10-08-2013

GD has taken on a very anti-Ahri/Orianna spin over the last couple weeks and I hope that Riot is actually NOT listening to them on this.

These two champs are very, very well balanced right now and it's only because of the previous (possibly excessive) nerfs that they've come to the forefront. I actually think Riot needs MORE champs like them. They have distinctive strengths and weaknesses and both have pretty high skill caps to get good at them (Orianna is arguably the hardest champ in the game to master).

Both of them are perceived as "safe" early laners but even so, we saw how good Gragas can potentially be against Orianna in several games. Ahri has a couple champs that she struggles against as well. So they're not without counters.

Anyway, I think the answer is to buff back some of the other champs (or possibly some older champs that time has forgotten... Anivia, for example). Orianna and Ahri should represent the "mendoza line" for champions. The fact that they're statistically "OP" right now should be a sign that it's time to stop the nerfs in general.

Zanotam

10-08-2013

I would agree that Orianna and Ahri are more 'problems' due to their skill ceiling rather than being magically OP. I mean, Fizz and Kass, sure, but I think worlds showed that, if anything, Ahri is NOT OP. Not only that, but Orianna is played in a somewhat distinct fashion by basically everyone who used her at Worlds, further showing how champs with clear strengths and weaknesses combined with high skill caps can be good for diversity in playstyle and possible comps.

Bro Code

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2013

I hope you don't think riot actually respects GD's opinions on balance lol

Sammystorm

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by seminole sun View Post
gd has taken on a very anti-ahri/orianna spin over the last couple weeks and i hope that riot is actually not listening to them on this.

These two champs are very, very well balanced right now and it's only because of the previous (possibly excessive) nerfs that they've come to the forefront. I actually think riot needs more champs like them. They have distinctive strengths and weaknesses and both have pretty high skill caps to get good at them (orianna is arguably the hardest champ in the game to master).

Both of them are perceived as "safe" early laners but even so, we saw how good gragas can potentially be against orianna in several games. Ahri has a couple champs that she struggles against as well. So they're not without counters.

Anyway, i think the answer is to buff back some of the other champs (or possibly some older champs that time has forgotten... anivia, for example). Orianna and ahri should represent the "mendoza line" for champions. The fact that they're statistically "op" right now should be a sign that it's time to stop the nerfs in general.
don't you dare buff anivia

RexSaur

10-08-2013

''Dont nerf Ahri/Ori, buff anivia''...

Are you high op?

freepointzs

10-08-2013

your right Riot shouldn't listen to gd.

the world tournment where ahri and orianna dominated however should be enough to show that those champions are too strong at the moment.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Ahri is definitely going to get changes, and most of them based around how much damage is loaded into the "free" parts of Foxfire and her ult. The changes will largely revolve around making her burst higher if she lands a taunt first.

Ahri, Fizz, Zed and Kassadin all have problems in how fast they burst, and how little you can do about it. We'll be retaining their roles as Assassins (though I'd wager Ahri, using more poke to set up, is likely more a mage) but fitting patterns that cause a bit more risk and reaction when doing so.

Nasuuna

10-08-2013

hi morello

Sublime Fighter

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Ahri is definitely going to get changes, and most of them based around how much damage is loaded into the "free" parts of Foxfire and her ult. The changes will largely revolve around making her burst higher if she lands a taunt first.

Ahri, Fizz, Zed and Kassadin all have problems in how fast they burst, and how little you can do about it. We'll be retaining their roles as Assassins (though I'd wager Ahri, using more poke to set up, is likely more a mage) but fitting patterns that cause a bit more risk and reaction when doing so.
pls dont gut ahri :d

Solihm

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Didnt a rioter not that long ago mention Ahri was balanced and there were no plans to nerf/change her?

1234511 ... 33