@Morello: When you consider nerfing Support Zyra. Just remember one crucial thing....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilois

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Haha. Well technically, I'm "part" of every team, but none of them. I'm much more high-level than tactical on most things (IE: I'm interested in the direction and goals more than the particular execution).
You're part of the strip team?

We all know riot has a squad of strippers on staff.

GrumpyKatze

10-08-2013

I love how this guy is ranting about how when a champion gets nerfed leave them viable.

Insert TF here

Entezio

10-08-2013

i hope zyra gets destroyed, shes even worse than fizz and ahri

DeathByWaffle

10-08-2013

Morello, quick question.

What would you think about having Zyra's base damages reduced, but compensated by an increase in AP ratios? The idea would be to encourage Zyra players to play her AP mage if they want to do damage, whereas support Zyra players still has strong utility, but less of the damage, making them less dominant.

Vazeroth

10-08-2013

I've tried searching but haven't had any success in finding out what is being nerfed on Zyra. And on that note, what are the primary reasons for the nerf? I don't play at a high level so I am probably less informed about these things.

People are mentioning the results of Worlds, but there were players going into the matches with favorite champions. So a player who is a big fan of Thresh who loses a lot is going to skew the results. I remember not long ago I heard "Thresh OP" all the time. I haven't heard that as much lately (despite his high ban rate in silver) and none of the nerfs he received seemed substantial to me.

There aren't a lot of supports that are fun to play. Supports have a limited amount of useful actions they can take at certain points in the game. One of the best things about Zyra is she is fun to play and viable. Her range also gives me more possible things to do and strategize around.

Crys3s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Directionally, this is what I like too. I think it brings out more about what's unique about Zyra.
Has kind of a Heimerdinger turret sound to it.

Borigrad

10-08-2013

Must be nice to be Morello's baby that you won't actually suffer real nerfs. Melee weep, especially Talon.

Anthropics

10-08-2013

Really getting annoyed with all the Zyra players saying she is hard countered by the assassin meta; she's not, she has all the tools she needs to never have to get into range if she doesn't want to. You want to play something legitimately weak against all these assassins running around play something like Veigar or TF or Brand. She is still too strong mid and has an absolutely overloaded kit, she is just being compared to Zed and Ahri and Kass, who are pants on head retardedly overpowered. Compare her to more balanced mids like Swain or Xerath and she's still too strong.

xFreshness

10-08-2013

This is horrible. Zyra is my bread and butter. I hate you Riot. There are so many people worse than her that you should be hacking off at the legs.

spiderswine

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Morello, quick question.

What would you think about having Zyra's base damages reduced, but compensated by an increase in AP ratios? The idea would be to encourage Zyra players to play her AP mage if they want to do damage, whereas support Zyra players still has strong utility, but less of the damage, making them less dominant.
thing is(in my opinion,which i think is pretty true as i have a lot of bot lane exprience),zyra's laning phase isn't strong,it never was(i mean since nerfs).(her level 1 is absolute garbage,her level 2 is very weak,at level 3 she is meh and on level 6 she is still a bit weaker than most supports)
what makes zyra strong is that her laning phase is ok(as long as the adc has a solid level 1,or if the enemy just doesn't abuses that weakness) but she has an incredibly strong late game.(mostly due to the fact she can use her abilities from a solid range,which is very helpful considering how squishy supports are with the "only sightstone" meta)
seriously most supports have a stronger laning phase.(sona(who also has a very strong late game),thresh(who also has a very strong late game),fiddle(who also has a very strong late game),nami(weaker late game),leona(weaker lategame),annie(again a very strong lategame))
even lulu and janna can lane pretty well vs zyra.
i always thought all of this "zyra is op" claims were based around her late game,am awfully confused now.

at any rate,reducing base damages will make her laning weaker,and laning phase is critical for supports.(as securing adc's farm is a crucial part of what makes a champion a viable support)
so i was sure the whole idea here was to force her to mid by destroying her laning phase as a support.
am awfully confused about this.