@Morello, can we talk briefly about Mordekaiser?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 40
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2013

He's all damage, no utility, no mobility, and no CC outside of a Rylai's, and he doesn't even excel at the one thing he can do, which is damage.

Yeah, he can push a wave pretty good, but hey Anivia can do that just as good if not better. TF can instaclear a wave with 1 maybe 2 abilities.

Mordekaiser's only saving grace is if he can somehow manage to get a clone of the enemy ADC before the end of a teamfight and before he dies, himself. But how many times is that gonna happen? Usually he dies trying to get to the ADC, or he can only manage to do it at the end of a fight where it's kinda pointless by that time. Oh yay you have a nice ghost of Ezreal walking around and nothing to do with it because most of your team is dead and you can't exactly go solo Baron with just your ghost thing that'll quickly die.

I mean, he's not the worst champion in the game right now, but he really needs.. something.

An idea I have is to make it so his shield does not decay in combat. Out of combat, though, it decays faster than it does currently. This way, he can't hold onto a big chunk of shield all the time unless he keeps himself in combat, and when he IS in combat, his shield does what it's supposed to do, which is keep him alive. Just an idea, though.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Don't want to ignore the thread, but I'd have to ask the team their thoughts on Mord. I know we're not thrilled there, but not sure on specifics.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Don't want to ignore the thread, but I'd have to ask the team their thoughts on Mord. I know we're not thrilled there, but not sure on specifics.
Thanks for the reply it's kinda been a long time since you guys were active on the forums. Just want you to know that it's appreciated, even though some of us seem to display the opposite feeling.

Shmookpup

10-08-2013

Are you even kidding me? Morde's a tank who is extremely difficult to kill because of his passive, while still dealing some good damage. Not great damage, but good.

Oh and he has a clone. I think Mord's balanced and doesn't need changes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he's manaless.

NotSid

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmookpup View Post
Are you even kidding me? Morde's a tank who is extremely difficult to kill because of his passive, while still dealing some good damage. Not great damage, but good.

Oh and he has a clone. I think Mord's balanced and doesn't need changes.
He's not a tank. At all.

exec3

10-08-2013

His ult needs cleaning up imo. I read his kit the other day and the stats associated to himself and his ghost when he ults is so complicated it's silly. Other than that I don't know what i'd do for him as in my experience he's frustrating to deal with because of his passive, at least in lane.

Croanin

10-08-2013

Morde would be fine if every jungler these days didn't have a gap closer with decent front end burst. I just feel I can't go mid with him anymore without getting ganked like crazy.

Hemanth

10-08-2013

The problem is all the balancing is around the shield and ult which in best situation makes teamfights 6v4. Thus they keep his rest of the kit as melee spells **** mage with no mobility or CC.

NotSid

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
His ult needs cleaning up imo. I read his kit the other day and the stats associated to himself and his ghost when he ults is so complicated it's silly. Other than that I don't know what i'd do for him as in my experience he's frustrating to deal with because of his passive, at least in lane.
What I feel needs to be looked at is his W and his passive.

His W doesn't really fit his theme, and is honestly quite lackluster to use, gameplay wise. It like, gives a mini sunfire cape aura to someone for a little bit, and is used to aid allies. Well, his whole shtick is about him inflicting pain all the time, pain and agony. Why does he have a supportive ability in his kit, then? It just doesn't fit the theme. (Inb4 Thresh)

Vyrolf

10-08-2013

Mordekaiser will be one of the only champions left that has a bad case of pizzafeet, once the Sivir rework rolls out. Also, considering he's supposed to be this hulking ironclad bringer of pain, Morde is pretty damn small. At least compared to newer champs who lately are xbox huge,

1234511 ... 40